A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 30 Laws of the Game Quiz 2020-2021

The Referee Store
Screenshot_20210518-191059.jpg

IFAB advised me a lot of answers that turned out to be incorrect according to LOTG.

Great question for a 'forum' debate though but if there is no answer for it in the lotg then....

just drop it to the keeper who conceded the goal?

seems like a sensible option that wouldnt get much dissent

4/5. Got the first wrong. Would have thought the restart would depend on if the extra players interfered or not

Curious when the DB advice was given. To me that is inconsistent with the new concept that we sort out the bigger violation in terms of various things. Seems to me that scoring with an extra plaayer is the bigger offense, and the IFK should go to the team scored against.

Curious when the DB advice was given. To me that is inconsistent with the new concept that we sort out the bigger violation in terms of various things. Seems to me that scoring with an extra plaayer is the bigger offense, and the IFK should go to the team scored against.
Exactly. Just like when kicker and keeper offend at the same time in a penalty.

I don't think it matters when the advice was given. As I said sometimes IFAB forget their own concepts. 😅

Precisely what I thought if I am honest

Exactly. Just like when kicker and keeper offend at the same time in a penalty.

I don't think it matters when the advice was given. As I said sometimes IFAB forget their own concepts. 😅
Unless it came before that language was added, but I think that was a few years ago now.

But the more I think about it the more I think DB would always have been wrong: play wasn't stopped for the players on the field, the ball was out of play when the issue was realized. So I think that leaves the only two possible answers under the Laws as an IFK or a GK (as the ball crossed the goal line and did not score). I'm actually inclined to think the GK is the best answer here.

Unless it came before that language was added, but I think that was a few years ago now.

But the more I think about it the more I think DB would always have been wrong: play wasn't stopped for the players on the field, the ball was out of play when the issue was realized. So I think that leaves the only two possible answers under the Laws as an IFK or a GK (as the ball crossed the goal line and did not score). I'm actually inclined to think the GK is the best answer here.
The most consistent answer with current law would be DFK. This is the restart when you disallow the goal due to extra scoring team person (the bigger offence).

Back