A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 27 Laws of the Game Quiz 2020-2021

The Referee Store
Q2. The referee does not show cards before the game starts. Jan you even have a case study blog for it. The correct answer you have given contradict your blog.

As per your quote of the lotg the referee prevents the player from playing but as the next paragraph in lotg (you have not quoted), the referee only shows cards after the game starts.

Q2. The referee does not show cards before the game starts. Jan you even have a case study blog for it. The correct answer you have given contradict your blog.

As per your quote of the lotg the referee prevents the player from playing but as the next paragraph in lotg (you have not quoted), the referee only shows cards after the game starts.
My thought was the question was vague. Has the referee entered the field at the start of the match and the players are still warming up (implied by the correct answer) or are the players warming up before going back to the dressing room (in which case no card would be shown).

But this is one of those things, IMO, that doesn’t really matter when it involves a sending off offense--all the card does is communicate the send off.

Where it has bite is where it is a cautionable offense—where the distinction determines if the player is on a caution at kick off. (Which is what I don’t like about the dichotomy—I think cautionable Conduct once the R has authority should carry into the game.)

Reactions: one
My thought was the question was vague. Has the referee entered the field at the start of the match and the players are still warming up (implied by the correct answer) or are the players warming up before going back to the dressing room (in which case no card would be shown).

But this is one of those things, IMO, that doesn’t really matter when it involves a sending off offense--all the card does is communicate the send off.

Where it has bite is where it is a cautionable offense—where the distinction determines if the player is on a caution at kick off. (Which is what I don’t like about the dichotomy—I think cautionable Conduct once the R has authority should carry into the game.)
Are you saying there are circumstances where a player cautioned before kick off does not carry the caution into the match?

Are you saying there are circumstances where a player cautioned before kick off does not carry the caution into the match?
Depends what you mean by cautioned. If during warm up and field inspection and everyone is going back to the dressing rooms after, whatever you do does not count as a 'caution' (you can't show a yellow card) and it does not carry into the game. I think this is what @socal lurker doesn't like.

If you get on the filed to start the game, you can caution a player and show yellow card, and that carries into the game.

However

Back