A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 23 Laws of the Game Quiz 2018-2019

Week 23 Laws of the Game Quiz 2018-2019. It’s time to bring back an older situation with Patrice Evra. Do you know how to handle it? Have a sneak peak at the case study about it. Bezig met laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Perfect score this week. Thought I would trip up on that outside the field question as I've been terrible at learning the ins and outs of that specific bit of Law this season. :wall:

Perfect score this week. Thought I would trip up on that outside the field question as I've been terrible at learning the ins and outs of that specific bit of Law this season. :wall:
Yes, so many advanced questions deal with someone entering/leaving the pitch, most scenarios of which will never happen in a million years

Well technically none of the answers are completely correct for that one. Red + dfk is the closest.

The most correct answer is yellow + red + DFK

Also it is not very clear from the question when/why the referee stopped play. If it was before spitting and for leaving the field (without permission) then the restart is IFK.

Admin wise it becomes interesting if the player is on a yellow already. The red becomes for double yellow (first offence) and spitting being a reportable incident.

Last edited:
Well technically none of the answers are completely correct for that one. Red + dfk is the closest.

The most correct answer is yellow + red + DFK

Also it is not very clear from the question when/why the referee stopped play. If it was before spitting and for leaving the field (without permission) then the restart is IFK.

Admin wise it becomes interesting if the player is on a yellow already. The red becomes for double yellow (first offence) and spitting being a reportable incident.
Can't we just treat the two offences as one act, punishing only the most serious (spitting)? We often see this on the FOP where two YC offences occur closely together

Can't we just treat the two offences as one act, punishing only the most serious (spitting)? We often see this on the FOP where two YC offences occur closely together
The law is very clear on this (although it is on two cautionable offences but the same concept) even with an example. There was a video of a recent UCL incident, a reckless challenge and immediately after a push in the face. That was a double yellow. The first yellow would not be negated if the second offence is a red card one.

1552737045736.png

The law is very clear on this (although it is on two cautionable offences but the same concept) even with an example. There was a video of a recent UCL incident, a reckless challenge and immediately after a push in the face. That was a double yellow. The first yellow would not be negated if the second offence is a red card one.

View attachment 3286
Yes, I see this was added/clarified 2018/19
Maybe I've watched a bit too much Champions League lately! When the offences are completely different, I'd expect two sanctions, but i don't think 'football' is ready for some overlapping related offences to get the double whammy

Back