A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 19 Laws of the Game Quiz 2021-2022

• Thread starter Jan ter Harmsel
  • Start date
Week 19 Laws of the Game Quiz 2021-2022. Video for question 1 Clip after 7 minutes and 15 seconds. The next quiz will be published next Tuesday. You can always practise previous quizzes on this overview page. And after submitting your answers, you can see the correct answers immediately. Quiz Laden…

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Another subjective video question.
i'd say sort of? if your penalising handball for a shot on target (which, with the lack of replays, i'm assuming this is) a yellow card is the correct outcome

wasn't sure on Q2 or 3 and got them both wrong so good learning on those at least!

i'd say sort of? if your penalising handball for a shot on target (which, with the lack of replays, i'm assuming this is) a yellow card is the correct outcome

wasn't sure on Q2 or 3 and got them both wrong so good learning on those at least!

Is handling a goalbound shot a yellow, or a red? Was the handling in the video deliberate? Subjective on the second question, and if deliberate a red card?

If it's goalbound . . .

yeah, if it's an attempt that either off target or likely to be stopped / saved then penalise for SPA with a caution. if it was on target and likely to go in then red for denying a goal.

i'd still stick with my original answer though, it's sort of subjective, if you give a pen and you think it's not going in, yellow, if you think it is, red. the angle on the video doesnt really help inform that decision

yeah, if it's an attempt that either off target or likely to be stopped / saved then penalise for SPA with a caution. if it was on target and likely to go in then red for denying a goal.

i'd still stick with my original answer though, it's sort of subjective, if you give a pen and you think it's not going in, yellow, if you think it is, red. the angle on the video doesnt really help inform that decision
So we agree - the video question was subjective👍

Re Q2. The quoted law refers to an action against a player or match official. But the Q was about an action against a substitute. I haven’t looked it up, but I’m not sure offhand the answer is right.

Re Q2. The quoted law refers to an action against a player or match official. But the Q was about an action against a substitute. I haven’t looked it up, but I’m not sure offhand the answer is right.
The law is a clunky mess but I've managed to find this:

"If the ball is in play and a player commits a physical offence inside the field of play against:

an opponent – an indirect or direct free kick or penalty kick

a team-mate, substitute, substituted or sent-off player, team official or a match official – a direct free kick or penalty kick"

IFAB trumps UEFA on that point🤔
And laws of the game trump both.

We have been here before. There is nothing in lotg that says deliberately handling a goal bound shot is a yellow card. If ifab want it that way, they should/would put it in the lotg. Until then I assume they are leaving it to the referee to decide and I would decide each case based on its merits.

And laws of the game trump both.

We have been here before. There is nothing in lotg that says deliberately handling a goal bound shot is a yellow card. If ifab want it that way, they should/would put it in the lotg. Until then I assume they are leaving it to the referee to decide and I would decide each case based on its merits.
I agree - so a red, yellow or no card are all possibilities.

Reactions: one
Back