A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Week 18 Laws of the Game Quiz 2020-2021

The Referee Store
Slight advantage this week.
Had question 4/5 at a Core meeting and I was the only person in the room to get it right.
i'd love (hate?) to see questions 4 and 5 in real life
Agree. It's not a sellable decision however correct.

Slight advantage this week.
Had question 4/5 at a Core meeting and I was the only person in the room to get it right.

Agree. It's not a sellable decision however correct.

haha absolutely, imagine explaining that at any level to the players/coaches etc. good luck!

surprised more didnt get it right, seems a fairly straightforward question to me? what's the restart for PIADM and the sanction if it's DOGSO?

haha absolutely, imagine explaining that at any level to the players/coaches etc. good luck!

surprised more didnt get it right, seems a fairly straightforward question to me? what's the restart for PIADM and the sanction if it's DOGSO?
It was after it first changed. Range of answers.
People weren't looking past the attempt for the ball clause and going caution, not realising a PK had to be awarded for a caution.

It was after it first changed. Range of answers.
People weren't looking past the attempt for the ball clause and going caution, not realising a PK had to be awarded for a caution.

fair enough! we can stay top of the class then!

5/5 but I’d be surprised if i got this right in an actual game. I wonder what a team would prefer, a pen and yellow or a red and idfk 🤔

5/5 but I’d be surprised if i got this right in an actual game. I wonder what a team would prefer, a pen and yellow or a red and idfk 🤔
Like most everyone else, quite unlikely I'd give it in the first place!

The wording of the question is clear PIADAM and no contact and nothing further. So there is only one answer to the quiz.

But in a real game situation it is not as Balck and white as that. You could also deem it as attempting to kick as well as PIADAM which makes it a pen and caution.

The wording of the question is clear PIADAM and no contact and nothing further. So there is only one answer to the quiz.

But in a real game situation it is not as Balck and white as that. You could also deem it as attempting to kick as well as PIADAM which makes it a pen and caution.

if he's attemtping to kick the ball i'd suggest it couldnt be categorised as attempting to kick an opponent

I'd have to correct myself here. If you consider it as both PIADAM and attempting to kick then PIADAM (combined with DOGSO) would take priority with the higher sanction.

If it is only considered attempting to kick then it's pen and yellow.

I'd have to correct myself here. If you consider it as both PIADAM and attempting to kick then PIADAM (combined with DOGSO) would take priority with the higher sanction.

If it is only considered attempting to kick then it's pen and yellow.
I don't think that is black and white though.
Red more severe than yellow
PK more severe than idfk
Tactical impact - PK better opportunity for a a goal but is that better than playing against 10 men?
Physical severity - attempting to kick is deemed as a greater physical severity (assumed as the sanction is DFK which is more severe than idfk)

So that's a 3:1 victory for PK and YC is it not? Or a 2:2 draw.

PK more severe than idfk
Tactical impact - PK better opportunity for a a goal
Physical severity - attempting to kick is deemed as a greater physical severity (assumed as the sanction is DFK not idfk)

So that's a 3:1 victory for PK and YC is it not?

give the captain the option to pick pen/yellow or idfk/red!!!

PK more severe than idfk
Tactical impact - PK better opportunity for a a goal but is that better than playing against 10 men?
Physical severity - attempting to kick is deemed as a greater physical severity (assumed as the sanction is DFK which is more severe than idfk)

So that's a 3:1 victory for PK and YC is it not? Or a 2:2 draw.
I don't think it works that way. Once red wins over yellow, you don't look at the rest.

Kind of like a league table, once a team has more points than another team, you don't look at goal difference, goals scored etc.

Back