A&H

Dutch Referee Blog - Please Join The Respect for Richard Campaign

In tribute to slain Dutch referee Richard Nieuwenhuizen, referees around the world will change their avatars or profile photos to the logo of the Royal Dutch Football Association (KNVB). The tribute will be timed to coincide with a silent march in Richard’s hometown of Almere on Sunday, 9 December 2012, at 17:00 local time (16:00 UTC; 11:00 AM EST in North America).
Referees, players, coaches and supporters are encouraged to post their thoughts on this senseless tragedy during the tribute, followed by the hash tag #RESPECTforRichard.
Webmasters are encouraged to post a graphic tribute to Richard at the same start time. A suggested graphic tribute is previewed below.
We propose a tribute period of a minimum of 24 hours and maximum of 7 days.

Tribute to Richard Nieuwenhuizen graphic, PNG format (4.2MB), JPG format (1MB)
KNVB logo for Twitter, Facebook, App.net (all PNG)
Suggested text for social networks:
In honor of & memorial to Richard Nieuwenhuizen my avatar is changed for 1 week. Please see itootr.me/UhDQmk and RT #RESPECTforRichard (138 chars)
In honor of and memorial to slain Dutch referee Richard Nieuwenhuizen, I’ve changed my profile photo for 1 week. Please see itootr.me/UhDQmk and share/like. #RESPECTforRichard (179 chars)

Media contacts:
Jan ter Harmsel (Europe), dutchreferee – at – gmail dot com, @dutchreferee
Mike Register (North America), mike – at – itootr dot com, @itootrdotcom
The post Please Join The Respect for Richard Campaign appeared first on Dutch Referee Blog.

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back