A&H

Dribble ins

A&H International
Then, you give it the other way.
I'm going to flip something someone asked me a few months ago onto you here. If you follow guidance like this strictly, and do exactly what is says, do you penalise keepers after 6.00001 seconds? Because it's a very similar principle in using common sense.
No I wouldn't. But I'm also not going to teach them either.
And fail to apply the LOTG?
Given this quote:

I doubt you would like to see that if you observed me on a Sunday morning! Allowances need to be made in some way, and I believe helping player development is that way.
I said officiate, nothing to do with applying the laws of the game to the letter of the law.

You're young, you're keen, you'll learn. No one wants a busy body.

Thank you for your personal opinion, which is at variance with FA guidance (although that's obviously not important to you, and of little interest to those who are not involved in helping young players to develop)
I take FA guidance with a pinch of salt.

If you want to develop players, become a coach. Other than that, turn up, referee and leave.

No one wants a busy body.
I'm aware of that. I don't push it. I give them a very brief demonstration, then get on with it. Same player does it again? Tough, foul throw. Hope that clarifies my stance - I'll help them.

After an explanation, there's nothing I can do about that. Half of them do anyway because they lost! They're kids, it happens.
So you're sending them home crying for their foot being off the floor. The exact thing you earlier said you wouldnt do.........

As long as you join me there. After all, you had a public complaint against you earlier this week.............
You've replied to a very experienced and respected FA observer and tutor to say his post was rubbish. That's bad enough, but even worse when what he posted was 100% factually correct.

So I would respectfully ask that you wind your neck in. If you want to start a battle there will be only be one winner and it won't be you, entirely up to you how this ends.

So you're sending them home crying for their foot being off the floor. The exact thing you earlier said you wouldnt do.........
Quit the sarcasm. You know full well what I meant, and you're just being petty now.
After all, you had a public complaint against you earlier this week
Embarrassing that you now have a teenager recognising that someone needs to complain about you as well.

You've replied to a very experienced and respected FA observer and tutor to say his post was rubbish. That's bad enough, but even worse when what he posted was 100% factually correct.

So I would respectfully ask that you wind your neck in. If you want to start a battle there will be only be one winner and it won't be you, entirely up to you how this ends.
You literally had a public complaint against you earlier this week. There havevbeen many comments previously about you being reported. Yet you somehow get a god-like status who is untouchable.

Quit the sarcasm. You know full well what I meant, and you're just being petty now.

Embarrassing that you now have a teenager recognising that someone needs to complain about you as well.
I merely pointed out your hypocrisy.

As I said earlier, no one likes a busy body.

As I also said earlier, the moderator in question is commonly reported, yet gets away with it. I even messaged the moderator a couple of weeks back a question and was completely ignored. Arrogance.

I merely pointed out your hypocrisy.
Hypocrisy? Quote one point at which I said I would allow more than one retake and call me a hypocrite then.
Edit: don't bother. This is ridiculous. A grown man trying to act like a keyboard warrior with a teenager. I won't bother responding to any more nonsense from you on this thread, which is now completely off topic.

See posts 37 & 44
Last response just because of how baseless and stupid this is. Neither in either of those posts do I say I'll allow more than one retake. In fact, I say the opposite in post 44, when I say a second will result in a foul throw being awarded, and the other side getting the throw.

Hypocrisy? Quote one point at which I said I would allow more than one retake and call me a hypocrite then.
Edit: don't bother. This is ridiculous. A grown man trying to act like a keyboard warrior with a teenager. I won't bother responding to any more nonsense from you on this thread, which is now completely off topic.
For what it's worth mate I think you're spot on about developing players. Not sure what leagues you do but the ones I'm reffing are full of kids destined for sunday or saturday leagues at best. If both teams would benefit from an example then go for it!

Had an adult women's game sunday, one team full of 16/17 year olds who just came up. In every sense they are still children, so when one does a borderline foul throw, I lose nothing by saying as we run back "don't worry about it but just make sure it starts fully behind your head next time" with a smile.

I wouldn't do it at an academy game but for your average park game there's no problem. Good for you for seeing the benefit of it at such a young age, I'd be proud.

For what it's worth mate I think you're spot on about developing players. Not sure what leagues you do but the ones I'm reffing are full of kids destined for sunday or saturday leagues at best. If both teams would benefit from an example then go for it!

Had an adult women's game sunday, one team full of 16/17 year olds who just came up. In every sense they are still children, so when one does a borderline foul throw, I lose nothing by saying as we run back "don't worry about it but just make sure it starts fully behind your head next time" with a smile.

I wouldn't do it at an academy game but for your average park game there's no problem. Good for you for seeing the benefit of it at such a young age, I'd be proud.
There are a few teams who's very young players still have a chance of going far because they have particular ties with Wolves & Villa but with the exception of those, most will not go past the lowest levels of Saturday football, which is why I think there's no harm as it's clear both sides need a bit of help most times anyway. I've got a couple of academy appointments in the summer/next season already (although the opponents for said matches haven't been decided yet), and I definitely wouldn't consider it by that point! PL academy kids should be more than capable of taking throw ins by that point!

Back