A&H

Double Red Card?

fatmikey

Level 6 Referee
Yesterday, I sent a player off for foul and abusive language. As he was leaving the pitch, he directed more foul and abusive language at me, I instinctively showed him the red card again. My intention would be to input a misconduct form for the first red card and the second to be included as an incident report. Havent come across this before, what do you reckon would be best course of action?

The Referee Store
Once you have issued a red card you cannot send off the player again so be speak as their involvement in the game has ceased.

However, it would be further misconduct. In this instance as it is a repetition of the initial offence and not a completely different offence/time I would simply include the additional misconduct within the initial report but start the paragraph something along the lines of "Mr X committed a further act of misconduct by..."

Reactions: SM
"As Mr xxx left the field of play he said........."

Just make that the final paragraph of your report and you'll be fine.

Write a seperate misconduct report.
If you don't some counties (read: my county) will only sanction the RC offence and ignore the abuse afterwards,
Hell, sometimes they ignore the misconduct report as well. Sends out the message anything goes as you've already been sent off.
Respect? My *rse!

Submitted a misconduct form for the sending off and then submitted a separate incident form for the abusive language after the sanction. I will let the league sort it out my job is done :)

Im sure that I've seen before that you are a referee in Scotland... In that case your 2 separate reports are correct.

If it is a second(or more) incident the original red card is reported on the SFA sending off report and then the following incidents reported on a separate incident form/letter type report.

I was actually discussing this type of thing with a friend who is the discipline secretary on one of the main leagues my area and he was bemoaning the fact that many officials are reporting offences on the wrong forms etc and as a result it's harder for the discipline committee to uphold!

Im sure that I've seen before that you are a referee in Scotland... In that case your 2 separate reports are correct.

If it is a second(or more) incident the original red card is reported on the SFA sending off report and then the following incidents reported on a separate incident form/letter type report.

I was actually discussing this type of thing with a friend who is the discipline secretary on one of the main leagues my area and he was bemoaning the fact that many officials are reporting offences on the wrong forms etc and as a result it's harder for the discipline committee to uphold!

Sent in a Misonduct Report Form for First red card and an incident report for secondary offence

Is it not different in Scotland as opposed to England and Wales in showing more than one red card. I know it was a few years ago but Dean Windass was shown 3 red cards by the ref when playing for Aberdeen. At the time he would have only been shown 1 south of the border but with further misconduct charges to follow.

Is it not different in Scotland as opposed to England and Wales in showing more than one red card. I know it was a few years ago but Dean Windass was shown 3 red cards by the ref when playing for Aberdeen. At the time he would have only been shown 1 south of the border but with further misconduct charges to follow.

It is no different to south of the border and never has been. Windass was only shown 1 red card and then further reported for a number of cases of misconduct.

Unfortunately the scottish media cannot understand this and report 3 red cards etc

The send off report form provided by our FA (NSW, Aus) specifically states that any incident after the send off requires a separate incident report.

Back