A&H

Dissent

The Referee Store
Both feet off the floor?
At one point, I would say yes. I can't quite visualise it exactly as it was. It was a classic sliding challenge one leg forward one trailing. I can't help but feel I'm trying to be caught out haha. It was never a straight red. Never.

At one point, I would say yes. I can't quite visualise it exactly as it was. It was a classic sliding challenge one leg forward one trailing. I can't help but feel I'm trying to be caught out haha. It was never a straight red. Never.
You're not trying to be caught out, you're being educated by more experienced referees. You need to be able to visualise what happens in such incidents because one time you might find yourself having to write a report.You might also have to explain one in a disciplinary board.

Once both feet leave the floor, the player is no longer in control of what happens next....they become an unguided missile!

It's dangerous and should be sanctioned accordingly........

Not all things are quite so black and white as some would have you believe ^^^

In terms of the OP, you HAVE to deal with dissent. Don't feel you should have to accept comments or behaviour because PL officials do or that it feels a bit unfair.

Other players, coaches and spectators all expect dissent to be dealt with in the appropriate way - while directed at the referee as opposed to others - it does not help the enjoyment or image of the game for anybody.

General rule of thumb I'd advise to anybody trying to find their medium is a quiet word to themselves or one teammate I would let go, or possibly bring the captain in to worn them.

Anything said with wording or volume plainly for the benefit of others, to belittle you or in a vaguely aggressive way in your direction is for me a caution.

Deal with it early and get in the routine, plus in the long run you will see the benefit in good behaviour on teams you have previously set this tolerance level with.

Not all things are quite so black and white as some would have you believe ^^^

In terms of the OP, you HAVE to deal with dissent. Don't feel you should have to accept comments or behaviour because PL officials do or that it feels a bit unfair.

Other players, coaches and spectators all expect dissent to be dealt with in the appropriate way - while directed at the referee as opposed to others - it does not help the enjoyment or image of the game for anybody.

General rule of thumb I'd advise to anybody trying to find their medium is a quiet word to themselves or one teammate I would let go, or possibly bring the captain in to worn them.

Anything said with wording or volume plainly for the benefit of others, to belittle you or in a vaguely aggressive way in your direction is for me a caution.

Deal with it early and get in the routine, plus in the long run you will see the benefit in good behaviour on teams you have previously set this tolerance level with.
Cheers.
This is my main target over my next few games. It's almost about getting over the barrier I've set myself for not cautioning dissent..I reckon once I get the first couple done, I'll be on it much more appropriately

Back