A&H

Dissent, ball in play

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Reading a story on a game yesterday, will find out exact facts later, but it seems...

Gk has ball in hands, in his box, about to punt up park....
Striker has words with ref around the halfway line, so much so the ref blows, cautions striker...

Where should the restatt be?

Idfk where gk had the ball
Or
Idfk at halfway where the offence took place....

Addition, I do know but interested to hear other views

The Referee Store
Had one today. The latter.

The ball popped up in a challenge. One player yelled, are you f'ing kidding me ref quite aggressively. Had to wait a little to see who the ball falls to. It fell to his team mate. I stopped play for a caution.

He asked me after the game why I didn't caution the other team when they swore. "It wasn't your swearing mate, although it didn't help. It was the fact that you were having a go at me".

Except for entering/leaving FOP complexity, are there any offences which do not conform with taking the FK from the spot at which the offence occurred?

Except for entering/leaving FOP complexity, are there any offences which do not conform with taking the FK from the spot at which the offence occurred?

Yes, a player committing an offence at half way line during kicks from the pen mark :)

Yes. If it's off he field of play. Then it's either on the boundary line closest, the penalty spot or on the goal area line parallel to goal line.

Yes. If it's off he field of play. Then it's either on the boundary line closest, the penalty spot or on the goal area line parallel to goal line.
I said entering/leaving excepted. I meant this to include off the FOP
Any offence in the goal area :)
Offisde is a greyish area and holding continued from outside and into PA a possible exception
And throwing something at the ball or a player (being penalised at the missile destination)
Any others?

I must admit, this one was not on my radar
I knew I'd asked a probing question which would fill in my knowledge gaps ;)
It's not always about being able to think outside the box (in more ways than one :) ) Sometime it's the obvious answers are the ones that get you.

It's not always about being able to think outside the box (in more ways than one :) ) Sometime it's the obvious answers are the ones that get you.
Distraction... Have some! Although this one is a question of perspective

Last edited:
I'm not sure I've actually blown the whistle for dissent. If it's ever occurring whilst the ball is in play, I normally give a shout of 'OK 6, I'm coming back' and when the ball is out of play, call them over.

Well, not confirmed, but am lead to believe the ref restarted play from where the gk had the ball....

And nobody will be shocked to know they scored from the resultant free kick......IDFK

Can I tag on to this for an incident in my game yesterday.

50/50 challenge, no foul committed by either player. The attacking blue decided he didn't like the challenge and got up and pushed the defending red +then tried to square up to him. I blew and cautioned for AA. Ball still in play.

Was I right to start with an IDFK to defending red?

Can I tag on to this for an incident in my game yesterday.

50/50 challenge, no foul committed by either player. The attacking blue decided he didn't like the challenge and got up and pushed the defending red +then tried to square up to him. I blew and cautioned for AA. Ball still in play.

Was I right to start with an IDFK to defending red?
Foul was correct but should have been direct FK at the point of the push by the sounds of it

Back