A&H

David Elleray story

Exactly.

The allegations are coming out now because parts of society are taking control of the issue and taking action on the allegations, whereas the old boys club of the past would casually sweep it under the carpet and socially exclude you for not putting up with 'banter' - this is what we've already seen within cricket, it's not too far stretched to imagine it happens in football and other sports too.

I think it's pretty obvious in the context why allegations are coming out now, to pretend otherwise says a lot IMO.
This is not so much about Elleray's comments, as it is about the FA's dubious handling of the misconduct at the time
Nonetheless, I'm against judging the FA by 2021 expectations for something that happened 8 years ago. The world is a very different place now, even after such a relatively short timeframe

The Referee Store
This is not so much about Elleray's comments, as it is about the FA's dubious handling of the misconduct at the time
Nonetheless, I'm against judging the FA by 2021 expectations for something that happened 8 years ago. The world is a very different place now, even after such a relatively short timeframe

But that is exactly what the FA have done with players who posted things on social media years ago when they were children. They can't have it both ways.

Back