A&H

David Elleray....Racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it seems a complaint was put forward. Maybe not by the gentleman in question, but by what the report claims to be several others. And rightly so.

Let's be clear here. There was an investigation, It's been dealt with, I imagine all parties were consulted. It's done. Elleray has apologised which accepts culpability in this matter.

Fresh(er) scandal for Elleray

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...Premier-League-official-unfair-dismissal.html

Apologises for yet another dailymail link!

The Referee Store
I think it must be my age and an employer.
If I needed to downsize my workforce from 4 to 3 and 3 were available pretty much all of the time and 1 had restricted availability for whatever reason I know which I'd let go.

It sounds to me as though somebody who goes out looking for racism heard an innocent comment and sold it to the papers. The fact that no official complaint was made suggests that the comment was taken in the way it was intended (I.e. not racist) and Elleray has only apologised because it's less hassle than trying to defend himself against the sort of people who look for offence and cannot understand context.

Ok explain to me under what context saying to a black person 'you look very tanned, have you been down a coal mine?', is acceptable?

Padfoot I'm getting quite tired of this, we have got this from the daily mail, we don't know how it was said or how it was meant so personally done discussing this topic, if you are that bothered write to Mr Elleray or the referee in question and not keep bringing this topic up on here because quite frankly we are going in circles!

Padfoot I'm getting quite tired of this, we have got this from the daily mail, we don't know how it was said or how it was meant so personally done discussing this topic, if you are that bothered write to Mr Elleray or the referee in question and not keep bringing this topic up on here because quite frankly we are going in circles!

I didn't resurrect this topic, Southend ref did! And suggested that the remarks were taken 'out of context'.

Oh, and it was in the Telegraph as well.....

If you don't care that one of the most senior figures within refereeing is allowed to make such blatantly racist remarks with little or sanction, that doesn't mean the rest of us are.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back