A&H

Cro V Mor

The Referee Store
Why did the ref allow that sort of behaviour from the Moroccan team. Surrounding him. Aggressive. Trying to intimidate. Even looked like a bit of contact and he stood there with a daft smile. If he not getting the cards out for that then yet again it filters down to Grass roots.
Also. Not sure why there was soooo much pashion. It's for 3rd place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got most decisions right, and I don't really know what the Moroccan players were moaning about. But he had pretty much no control all through the game, I'd have been worried if I'd been watching a level 7 at the way he did absolutely nothing about being surrounded, and even pushed. Including at the final whistle, you can't just stand there smiling inanely whilst you are surrounded by players and coaches, even more so when you haven't got a lot wrong in the game.

The penalty not given to Gvardiol is a shocker. I can forgive the referee as real time it isn't that easy, and I suspect he fell into the trap of looking at the upper body contact and missing the trip. But VAR is unforgiveable, how can a small army of people watch multiple replays of that and say it isn't a penalty. Gvardiol did well to try to stay up, but if you are running and someone hooks your foot like that you have absolutely zero chance of staying on your feet.

Again another referee hounded by people who don’t understand the game. Mentioning his nationality is a poor comment for a referee who has worked his hardest to get to this level. As mentioned above he did not have an awful game the penalty should have been intervened by VAR as it was difficult for Al Jassim to spot the foul.

Again another referee hounded by people who don’t understand the game. Mentioning his nationality is a poor comment for a referee who has worked his hardest to get to this level. As mentioned above he did not have an awful game the penalty should have been intervened by VAR as it was difficult for Al Jassim to spot the foul.

I guess I should clarify. He got this game because the chairman of the Asian referee committee and the co-chairman of the FIFA referee committee is Qatari.

His appointment was 100% political, he had only refereed one game prior to this one, and that was back on the 2nd day of the tournament. It is absolutely impossible to argue that he deserved this appointment, not that it is his fault, but he wasn't there on merit.

If I was coaching a level 7 I would be putting his match control as focus for development. If I was observing a level 4 I'd be going major development in at least one, arguably two, match control competencies. As I said, most of his decisions were good, but his match control was non-existent.

I was shocked when I saw a Qatari team was in charge of such a high profile game. Surely they should be at the level of the players they’re referring. I mean how do you send Oliver home and not use Taylor. That baffles me.

His appointment was 100% political, he had only refereed one game prior to this one, and that was back on the 2nd day of the tournament. It is absolutely impossible to argue that he deserved this appointment, not that it is his fault, but he wasn't there on merit.

If I was coaching a level 7 I would be putting his match control as focus for development. If I was observing a level 4 I'd be going major development in at least one, arguably two, match control competencies. As I said, most of his decisions were good, but his match control was non-existent.
the difference being you are observing grassroots games and he’s refereeing in the World Cup 🤔 you Probably have only watched him referee in Qatar when actually he has been a great referee for a number of seasons and absolutely deserves to referee at the World Cup

I was shocked when I saw a Qatari team was in charge of such a high profile game. Surely they should be at the level of the players they’re referring. I mean how do you send Oliver home and not use Taylor. That baffles me.
I think its good that games spread about. We wouldn't have Slovenian, Romanian, Norwegian refs etc if we only focused on refs from the big leagues like Taylor et al. I enjoy seeing ref teams from the small footballing nations to be honest.

the difference being you are observing grassroots games and he’s refereeing in the World Cup 🤔 you Probably have only watched him referee in Qatar when actually he has been a great referee for a number of seasons and absolutely deserves to referee at the World Cup
I'm not at all arguing that he shouldn't have been at the World Cup, I'm saying he should have nowhere near the 3rd / 4th playoff game.

That second paragraph above is my own, I'm on my phone and for some reason it won't let me write my text outside of the quote area

I think its good that games spread about. We wouldn't have Slovenian, Romanian, Norwegian refs etc if we only focused on refs from the big leagues like Taylor et al. I enjoy seeing ref teams from the small footballing nations to be honest.
Totally agree. But progression to the latter stages should be based on performance in the earlier rounds, not political.

That's fair enough, if they're good enough

I'm not at all arguing that he shouldn't have been at the World Cup, I'm saying he should have nowhere near the 3rd / 4th playoff game.
Who do you believe should have the game? I though he deserved it and most other referees would not mind his appointment

I thought he was a good ref but his lack of sanctions when being physically pushed around was frustrating to watch.

I felt he needed to wave at least 2 yellows to 2 players or even one red to the one who pushed him, take a step backwards and wipe that smile off his face. That would have made them take him a tad more seriosly.

It appeared as if he was trying to be their friend, constantly having friendly words in their ears. Maybe him being Qatari and them being Moroccan and sharing a common language with a vageuly similar religious culture he thought they could all be friends. Clearly not as he found out.

Who do you believe should have the game? I though he deserved it and most other referees would not mind his appointment
How did he deserve it when he has only had 1 game, that being 26 days ago, and he wasn't exactly outstanding in that either? What has he done in the tournament to earn that prestige appointment?

In terms of who I think should have got it, Danny Makkelie is by far the best referee in Europe, and did well in his games, so of the retained referees I would say him. Or of the other retained referees then perhaps Claus. The stand out referee of the tournament has been Elfath, but for all he is representing the USA he was born in Morocco so not an option. It must be unprecedented for a referee who had only had one game, in the first round of group stages, to get one of the final two games, and I wouldn't mid betting this was a compromise as FIFA were under pressure to give him the final.

I know it's been covered multiple times but when are these clowns in charge going to do something about this sort of garbage?

Happens in all leagues and needs to stop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221218-085534.png
    Screenshot_20221218-085534.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20221218-085437.png
    Screenshot_20221218-085437.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Back