A&H

Cold - Part 37

The Referee Store
Was safely tucked up in the pub watching England lose the egg chasing.

That also got me thinking, as the touch judges were well and truly wrapped up in track suits. In temperatures like that, minus 7C with wind chill recorded at Twickenham, makes me wonder whether football assistant referees shouldn't take the same approach. I know people will say it looks unprofessional, but given one of the touch judges was Nigel Owens, regarded by many as the best referee in any sport worldwide, that would seem to blow that argument away.

Was safely tucked up in the pub watching England lose the egg chasing.

That also got me thinking, as the touch judges were well and truly wrapped up in track suits. In temperatures like that, minus 7C with wind chill recorded at Twickenham, makes me wonder whether football assistant referees shouldn't take the same approach. I know people will say it looks unprofessional, but given one of the touch judges was Nigel Owens, regarded by many as the best referee in any sport worldwide, that would seem to blow that argument away.
Too right Rusty. Sod the look of professionalism, dress correctly and be professional......

For the first time yesterday I saw the AR in the Bolton game, I believe, with gloves on. Or so it appeared.

All my games were called off in snowy Suffolk. So I took the opportunity on Sunday to run with my running club. Despite 2 pairs of gloves my hands were frozen. I would have been reffing in shorts but there would have been lots of layers under my refs shirt.

Had the same as James, but surprisingly we managed to finish the game! But by god it was cold 3 layers and for the first time ever my gloves were out! But I think the weather gods were playing tricks on us a bit of sunshine then doom's day snow storm and oh it only took me 2.5 hrs to get back home thanks to traffic and accidents!

It was 4 layers for me, with fingerless gloves and a (FA) woolly hat. Didn't wear trackies though!

Back