A&H

Cold - Part 37

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Not wanting to risk the wrath of the forum police and use the 'old' thread, thought I would start a new one.

Due to referee U18s at a well known public school tomorrow - I have mentioned before how fantastic the pitch is - the All Blacks train on it apparently when they are over.

Given the weather forecast, thought I would check if game still on - despite a weather forecast showing 0c feels like -7C with light snow at kick off (2.30pm) - head of football at the school is confident game will be on!:eek:

Yes I WILL be wrapping up if that is the case!

The Referee Store
London?

Apparently it's snowing in Wales on Sunday. Caught me a bit off guard that. Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and relatively warm considering how crap the past few months have been. :)

Hopefully chopping Forest down to size at The Lane. Are Wednesday safe yet??
Yep they're playing us tomorrow. Another safe 3 points for you, probably from a Tom Lees header at a corner.

As for weather forecast, I have a 10am inspection and if that game is off i'l spend the afternoon watching the champions beat the runners up in the egg chasing while sipping some eau de Liffey

35 degrees today and 39 degrees forcast for tomorrow. Tomorrow's games already cancelled.

London?

Apparently it's snowing in Wales on Sunday. Caught me a bit off guard that. Tomorrow is supposed to be clear and relatively warm considering how crap the past few months have been. :)

OK the latest is that 'The lines are being cleared at the moment, there is a light covering of snow which should disappear once the boys (U18) start running around on it. See you later.' - its going to be a chilly one I think!:p

Good luck!

I'm stuck at home, my game has been called off; waterlogged pitch. Beautiful day an' all. :(

Had a call at 10.30 asking me to ref a game on 3G, back in the day that would have been a good idea, a dusting of snow today and everyone wants a day off!!

3 degrees here and game is on. Just been to the pitch, actually in pretty good nick

Not so much beast from the east more kitten from Kazagstan. Both games off apparently one pitch covered in snow one frozen pitch. My garden is neither.

OK the latest is that 'The lines are being cleared at the moment, there is a light covering of snow which should disappear once the boys (U18) start running around on it. See you later.' - its going to be a chilly one I think!:p

Well that was possibly the coldest game I have ever done. Light covering of frozen snow, but ball was moving through it well and the ground underneath was soft. 5-3 to home team with one yellow card for an 'orange' type of foul. Same player did commit another innocuous foul, given final warning - no other issues - been back home just over an hour & now just about thawed out!

Absolutely horrific conditions today. Blowing a gale and random blizzards in between.

Had the same as James, but surprisingly we managed to finish the game! But by god it was cold 3 layers and for the first time ever my gloves were out! But I think the weather gods were playing tricks on us a bit of sunshine then doom's day snow storm and oh it only took me 2.5 hrs to get back home thanks to traffic and accidents!

Back