The Ref Stop

Claims to be a referee by manager

It’s the jump up before the slide that does it for me. Had she slid in normally………
Yep, fully agreed. That's the moment where she can't reliably know where her feet are going to end up (which is entirely her responsibility).

The Ref Stop
This reminds me of a story I had from last season. Some context for start:

The women’s league in my county is one big division. Every season a team near me comes second to a team that has either just been relegated from the regional league or has just formed with players from tier 4/3 and may even be paying them. This creates a bit of bitterness for them towards the winning team. That team also usually batters the rest of the league and creates a bit of an us v them vibe with the other teams which are mostly just looking for some Sunday football.

So the only real competitive games for these two teams each season is against each other. Final game of the season and the home team (the one local to me) is three points behind the away side (tier 4 players) and I’m in the middle. Away team CAR is one of their coaches.

As I brief him he says “I used to officiate on the old division one” and told me his name which meant nothing to me because I was born in 1997.

I’m not kidding when I say he got every single offside wrong bar one, almost certainly deliberately.

So pinch of salt anyone saying it, I’m a player when I play, a fan when I’m spectating, and a ref when I’m refereeing.

Reactions: Ori
So I got sent the video of the tackle that the manager said was only a warning.

Yellow card and maybe even red card. You can zoom in

Thoughts…….
Just seen this, did you have neutral ARs?

I’d say you have an easier time selling that call if you’re closer in by getting wider as the ball is over that side, especially as the play breaks forward right before the challenge.

Just seen this, did you have neutral ARs?

I’d say you have an easier time selling that call if you’re closer in by getting wider as the ball is over that side, especially as the play breaks forward right before the challenge.
No I didn’t, but I saw it at an angle. Once I saw her jump up for the tackle I knew it had to be a booking. However, she understood what she did wrong and was as good as gold for rest of match.

I have to say, it looked worse live then it does from a distance on camera. Strange eh?

Back