A&H

Citizen Foxes

Silva SFP?
See to recall Pawson dismissing Hayden for less at the start of the season and I was shouted down for protesting
I remember the Hayden challenge as being a good bit more forceful and dangerous than Silva's challenge here, but the thought did cross my mind that we've seen players dismissed for similar challenges to this. It also occurred to me that if this were someone playing for a less high profile team in a less decisive match, the outcome might possibly have been different.

The Referee Store
I remember the Hayden challenge as being a good bit more forceful and dangerous than Silva's challenge here, but the thought did cross my mind that we've seen players dismissed for similar challenges to this. It also occurred to me that if this were someone playing for a less high profile team in a less decisive match, the outcome might possibly have been different.
Size of video not great but I think this is very different to the Hayden challenge. Iirc the player Hayden fouled was stationary and Hayden clattered as high as the back of the knee. This is more a chopping down of an opponent who is breaking away. I can't see height of contact or where indeed its made but it doesn't seem to have the same level of force that the Hayden red did. But yes, there have been similar type red cards, some, much to my disagreement on here, have been mostly supported, Joe Ralls Cardiff Red for example.
In conclusion, without benefit of slo mo replay or being at pitch level or a video larger than my portrait screen this looks very much like a cynical, reckless yellow card challenge.

How come it didn't happen to Ashley Young?

Or Ronaldo?

View attachment 3460

It did. Why do you think Young doesn't bother anymore, ref's are wise to him. (plus Utd don't really stray into opposition area any more)
Ronaldo wasn't in the same league as Sterling/Young/Salah but was denied free kicks and red cards all the time due to his reputation.
This one cost us (another) treble in 2008 but hey ho.

Any diving should be reviewed on a Monday and upgraded punishments handed down as necessary regardless of what the ref saw or thought he saw if found guilty. Do it twice and the games ban is doubled, it would lessen overnight!

Back