A&H

champions league final

The Referee Store
I'm glad, you will therefore know that something travelling at a greater speed (i.e Ronaldo) will have a greater momentum than your average player and will therefore require less contact to fall or be impeded. The force created will be just as large as a stronger challenge on a slower player... ;)

In my opinion the man in the middle can be very happy with last night. I believe the only grey area would be a possible red card (or 2) over the Gabi/Coentrao spat, maybe it wasn't seen or maybe he did see it but attempted to apply a bit of common sense (which may have been a sound approach with the way the game ended up with no one talking about that particular incident in very much detail apart from a couple of minutes focus at half time).

But it was a very difficult game. 12 cautions in all plus Simeone's dismissal for an outlandish piece of behaviour. I also thought it was a very nice touch to blow for full time immediately after that had been cleared up as there was clearly nothing left to play for and the game descending into utter chaos.

Plus - the penalty was of the stonewall variety I'm afraid.

I'm glad, you will therefore know that something travelling at a greater speed (i.e Ronaldo) will have a greater momentum than your average player and will therefore require less contact to fall or be impeded. The force created will be just as large as a stronger challenge on a slower player... ;)

However, the fact that the player is Ronaldo also means that the chances of him diving are also increased!

Slightly soft, but it was a clear penalty for me.

Thought the ref had an excellent game too, although maybe he should have sent Simeone off at HT in ET.

Back