A&H

Celtic vs Valencia - UEFA Youth League

The Referee Store
The only - and it's a poor poor excuse - the referee has is that he's played safe because it's a KMI.

Either that or he's a Rangers fan

The biggest excuse by far is that the player has cheated shockingly and the referee didn't have a good enough angle to see it. He could have done with help from his AR who should have had a much better view, despite it being outside his normal credibility zone. Let's hope for serious retrospective punishment for the defender

What action you expecting? Nothing will happen.

And it's a genuine mistake. In the 96th minute of the game he's clearly switched off

And it's a genuine mistake. In the 96th minute of the game he's clearly switched off

I think that's a touch unfair! It's a long ball played away from where Craig is and there's little chance of getting into a good position to see the (non) challenge. The complaint should absolutely be about the player conning the referee - not the referee being unable to spot it!

It was poorly worded but I actually wasn't having a pop. It's just a natural 'play it safe' with a rubbish view decision.

If UEFA had "b***s", they would suspend the player for at least one match for cheating. The penalty for this, if spotted subsequently, should be the same as DOGSO - as it is a form of!

Denial of a Obvious Goal Scoring Opportunity by cheating - New rule DOGSO (C). Anybody agree? :eek:

It would be Blimmin painful so seeing as he's a big softy football player, he probably would make a song and dance routine if it. The AR should have helped somehow though.

Whilst the defender obviously wasn't fouled, I'm in two minds about whether he dived, or fell because he did his knee in

Surely a defender in not much danger isn't going to collapse with no attacker within a yard of him? I'd be amazed were this not a serious injury.
Full blame goes to the referee regardless. Missing stuff happens. Guessing if soemthing has happened to avoid an incident is not okay

Back