A&H

Caution a coach for not following subs procedure.

To make this even harsher, imagine this scenario.

U11 game, Team A breaks through. At the same time Team B coach, realising none of his players can catch him, takes one of his players off and orders one on, causing the sub. The new player, likely entering from a closer point to the attack and full of energy, manages to stop the Team A attack as they’re one on one with keeper with a well timed tackle.

“denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)”

You have a DOGSO. Suddenly you’re having to send off a 10-11 year old for the actions of his coach. Feels harsh as the kid probably doesn’t know the rules and thinks it’s alright as his coach has told him it is.

Easier sell if it’s last minute of a 1-1 cup tie. Slightly harder if it’s the first half of a friendly and score is 7-0 to Team A. Feels harsh, but I guess that’d teach the coach a lesson

The Referee Store
Well, that is so totally implausible that I’m not going to worry about it.

But if I were to conclude a coach was deliberately ordering a player to break the rules like that, I would have no problem directly sanctioning the coach.

Well, that is so totally implausible that I’m not going to worry about it.

But if I were to conclude a coach was deliberately ordering a player to break the rules like that, I would have no problem directly sanctioning the coach.
Hey it’s technically possible 😂 . I get it’s unlikely, just the way the law works.

On a side note, when I started writing this I realised how stupid it sounded the more I wrote it. Then again, I remember a whole discussion on here last year about if an offside player could cause a DOGSO

Back