A&H

Cardiff v City

Can't we just adopt a stop clock and remove the issue in the professional game? This would also render time wasting pointless.

The Referee Store
Im gobsmacked by some of the replies to this, its an absolutely awful awful "tackle"

Ive got a real issue with a tackle like this A) staying on the pitch and B) getting away without a ban.

That could have put the player out for a long time yet this **** house (because thats what type of tackle it is) is free to carry on playing.

Im gobsmacked by some of the replies to this, its an absolutely awful awful "tackle"

Ive got a real issue with a tackle like this A) staying on the pitch and B) getting away without a ban.

That could have put the player out for a long time yet this **** house (because thats what type of tackle it is) is free to carry on playing.
Like the players you chose not to dismiss? I realize those were non-contact offences but you're better off receiving a dig on here than being stabbed in the back on match day
Besides, i think we're all unanimous this was SFP, the only debate was based on how difficult it was to spot

Dermot Gallagher pointed out on SSN tonight that Oliver was perhaps too close to the incident. He also pointed out the TFM tackle which was a clear red but Seri ran right in front of Atkinson as it happened which meant he had no chance of seeing it.

Everyone's an expert on other referees. The refereeing fraternity are as bad as any for criticising fellow colleagues, whilst forgetting how difficult it is and how many mistakes we all make every week/month/year. It's an extremely difficult job and the only ones who truly know how hard it is are us, yet it is we who are most critical. I find the criticism on here a difficult read occasionally. There's enough of that from the fans, players and pundits.

Dermot Gallagher pointed out on SSN tonight that Oliver was perhaps too close to the incident. He also pointed out the TFM tackle which was a clear red but Seri ran right in front of Atkinson as it happened which meant he had no chance of seeing it.

Everyone's an expert on other referees. The refereeing fraternity are as bad as any for criticising fellow colleagues, whilst forgetting how difficult it is and how many mistakes we all make every week/month/year. It's an extremely difficult job and the only ones who truly know how hard it is are us, yet it is we who are most critical. I find the criticism on here a difficult read occasionally. There's enough of that from the fans, players and pundits.
Very good post Ben
Spud, not my most elegant of retorts. Don't take it the wrong way. Just don't want you to come a cropper in the middle
I've seen worse tackles than that referenced in the OP

The real issue i have with tackles like this is like i said a player can get away with it without any further action, the laws i think say it cant be looked at by the panel as the referee saw the incident and gave a yellow card.

We have seen Richarlison and Rashford both correctly sent off recently but i just dont feel that brushing someones eye brow with your head warrants a three game ban when you see tackles like what we seen on Saturday.

The real issue i have with tackles like this is like i said a player can get away with it without any further action, the laws i think say it cant be looked at by the panel as the referee saw the incident and gave a yellow card.

We have seen Richarlison and Rashford both correctly sent off recently but i just dont feel that brushing someones eye brow with your head warrants a three game ban when you see tackles like what we seen on Saturday.

The difference between this and the Rashford incident is that VC is 100% intentional. The player goes out their own way to perform a violent act on another player and it can’t be encouraged. SFP isn’t always intentional, tackles like the one in this match can be seen as a player making a genuine attempt for the ball that he’s expecting to win, the city player gets their first and suddenly it ends up an awful challenge. SFP challenges are easily done by accident sometimes by sheer desperation just to get the ball back.

I get that and not suggesting that Richarlison and Rashford should not have been sent off but was either of their actions going to injure anyone in anyway ?

I get that and not suggesting that Richarlison and Rashford should not have been sent off but was either of their actions going to injure anyone in anyway ?

It’s not just about injury. It’s about the image of the game and the message it sends out

Back