A&H

Card Boasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
;) Not intending to cause any conflict but just wanted to ask why some members on this site tend to list the number of cautions and sending offs they have issued, so far this season, on their profiles. Are you boasting about how good you are at giving them out? One member is boasting 55 Yellow cards so far this season.

To me, 55 Yellows means that you struggle to keep control of your games. So far this season, I have only given out 6 Yellows and no Reds. Now hypothetically, if a manager had the option to choose between a ref with 55 Yellows or a ref with 6 Yellows under their belts (at the same level) guess which one will get the nod?

If I can get through a game without a single caution ( for which I have had quite a few) then I know that I have had a GREAT game. Any game that has more than 4 cautions, in my opinion is "a bad day at the office"

Comments are welcome.
Please take the above observation with a pinch of salt!:D

The Referee Store
Not really sure we want to have this discussion again. Do a search, it appears every 12 months, see why I am not really thinking this is a good idea. It causes mayhem. :)

I am going to lock this for now and discuss with the other mods. Will get back to you.

@SM thanks for the notice however, I have had a look at previous "versions" of this subject and the responses but it is always best to revisit such observations to elicit the comments of newer members who were not around back when.... Also to raise awareness of what should constitute a good versus a bad game but hey, your choice...

I had no cards last Saturday and I was crap. Really tells very little I think about referee's performance.

Out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back