A&H

Brentford v Wolves

mephitic51

Level 7 Referee
Anyone else seen the red and not red from the first half of this one?

I can see the argument for the Gomes tackle being a red but surely the Damsgaard tackle was worse and a definite red. Yet no VAR intervention...

The Referee Store
Red all day for Gomes. Not seen the other incident.
Was a stamp on the ankle, I don't have the horror app that is X anymore so can't link a clip but I'd say it was a clearer red than the one Gomes got. I agree the Gomes call was right.

Think this one is a VAR snafu for sure.

Red is definitely supportable for the initial challenge, but the second one is worse. Yet another failure of VAR

I'm a Wolves fan but didn't see the match. I think both were red cards.
EDIT: Also, how is Keane Lewis-Potter not sent off for this:
1704530663551.png

I'm a Wolves fan but didn't see the match. I think both were red cards.
EDIT: Also, how is Keane Lewis-Potter not sent off for this:
View attachment 7052
If I recall, I think the wolves player gave a little kick out to KLP, think he was trying to get to the ball to delay restart and that's what started KLP and his neck grab.
Personally, think two yellows were fine here. But would not disagree with a red.
Harrington made a couple of odd decisions in the game but overall I think he had a good game.

The sending off, he took his time and made the correct call.
Damsgaard should have gone. No doubt about that. He was in a very good position. And VAR didn't challenge it.
KLP probably should've seen red but, as above, can argue two yellows under AAA.
He gave a free kick in the 6 yard box for Wolves when Wolves player tripped over own feet following keeper save. Brentford had a shot that was saved by Sa and went for a corner but somehow he saw an infringement in, again, a good position.

His positioning was good throughout, but couple of decisions were bad.

At the end of the day, I'm not arguing with the decisions because he's a PL ref and, well, I'm not so can't argue.

I think the Gomez one has slightly more force as he is stretching from further away, but both red cards. Not sure this is a VAR issue though as wasn't Gomez's card given real time by the referee? If so we then into the age old debate about whether the Damsgaard challenge was a C&O error.

Again - shows the calamity that is VAR.

As a wolves fan I believe that Gomes was correctly dismissed, but the Damsgaard challenge was equally bad, if not worse.

C&O needs to be changed to “incorrect”.

Again - shows the calamity that is VAR.

As a wolves fan I believe that Gomes was correctly dismissed, but the Damsgaard challenge was equally bad, if not worse.

C&O needs to be changed to “incorrect”.
or "clearly & obviously incorrect" 🤣

I think the Gomez one has slightly more force as he is stretching from further away, but both red cards. Not sure this is a VAR issue though as wasn't Gomez's card given real time by the referee? If so we then into the age old debate about whether the Damsgaard challenge was a C&O error.
If the DCL was C&O, then I fail to see how this wasn't.

Back