A&H

BOOTS!

The Referee Store
Something needs to be done about kits, the FA tells teams not to wear black kits but they never listen do they?

Something needs to be done about kits, the FA tells teams not to wear black kits but they never listen do they?
I think the best thing is for the fa to stay firm because at the moment it is simple, refs in black, teams in any other colour that doesn't clash :confused:

OK...so if we're on "predominantly black" does that mean I can pick up a spare pair of Nike's with the Orange swoosh (last seasons - hence reduced at many high street chains, including those owned by reclusive NUFC owners)?

EDIT: Oops...just realised I resurrected a thread from the dead there!

I think Chris Foy wore them...I don't see too many issues, especially if they're your spare pair.

Wear whatever colour kits, boots etc you want.

Just enjoy your refereeing and don't get hung up on the politics of the small minded empire builders that infest the CFA's.

Wear whatever colour kits, boots etc you want.

Just enjoy your refereeing and don't get hung up on the politics of the small minded empire builders that infest the CFA's.

Until your CFA charges you for wearing incorrect coloured equipment...........

Until your CFA charges you for wearing incorrect coloured equipment...........

And? So what?

Loads of referees wear "incorrect" coloured equipment......how many actually get charged?

Maybe if you are attempting to clamber up the greasy pole of promotion, but for the rest of us who have finished with all that nonsense........it's all about enjoying what you doing......and the colour of your top/boots/hair/whistle etc makes no difference to how you referee.......so it is simply superfluous political guff dreamed up to justify the existence of the stuffed shirts with the CFA.

People need to wise up and realise that we are no longer the "custodians of the game".......we no longer have the best players, the best managers or even the best officials......footballing wise, we are a distinctly average nation. We need to stop being so 1800's about the whole thing and start to live in the modern world.

Arrive at ground, meet home manager, get "paperwork" sorted.

Get changed, head out for warm up. Check one team's shirt, shots and socks, all good (maybe advise on tape colour, rembering that sellotape is clear..

First guy comes out for the second team in EITHER black shirt, or shorts and or socks same as other team =

"Player, have you got another kit cos you wonlt be playing in that one".

Heads back to see his boss - nothing available.

Grab league handbook from bag (page already marked) and present it to both teams, get changed again and head to pub to watch the three o'clocks.

Quiet word to the team with the correct kit that maybe they should get a full refund from the ones with the incorrect normally goes down well - softens the blow.

3 seasons, happened 5 times inc 2 assessments. Avg mark over 80 and pat on the back from the FA assessor who turned up as his Championship match was called off.

It's simple really, I'm the only one that wears a black shirt, and their shorts and socks will not clash. When you email your confirmation to them and the league, just mention it. Thay've had their warning then.

Oh and we don't get "paid", we receive a fixed pre-agreed amount of money as remuneration for anticipated and expected incurred costs. Since last year we are no longer volunteers as we both expect and receive said remuneration - if we want to be paid then we can start handing over out 23% for NI and IC to the tax man. Somehow I made a £2k loss refereeing last season, can't think how!, keeps the accountant on his toes. But that's a conversation for another thread sometime.

Back to the OP - don't go for the white, they'll be dihorrea brown by September.

@HRW I was under the influence by my local ra that we volunteers up to level 4 and untitled then you don't pay taxes on your takings as a referee, have you been told otherwise?

And? So what?

Loads of referees wear "incorrect" coloured equipment......how many actually get charged?

Maybe if you are attempting to clamber up the greasy pole of promotion, but for the rest of us who have finished with all that nonsense........it's all about enjoying what you doing......and the colour of your top/boots/hair/whistle etc makes no difference to how you referee.......so it is simply superfluous political guff dreamed up to justify the existence of the stuffed shirts with the CFA.

People need to wise up and realise that we are no longer the "custodians of the game".......we no longer have the best players, the best managers or even the best officials......footballing wise, we are a distinctly average nation. We need to stop being so 1800's about the whole thing and start to live in the modern world.

Sorry, but I feel that is a really poor attitude to have, we have to listen to the FA whether we like it or not, rules are there for a reason, you say it doesn't affect your refereeing with coloured shirts E.T.C so why bother breaking the rules, it's quite pointless really and comes across a tad attention seeking or "bad boy" when your the only referee on the local park with a bright yellow shirt.......

Last edited:
Being paid is irrelevant.

By all means they can state a preference, they can't insist. What difference does it make to how you referee if you turn up in a yellow top as opposed to a black one?

Just more outdated ideas from the dinosaurs at the FA.

Might apply this approach to school "But Miss, you ding give me a uniform so I'll wear what I like". Don't think if last very long at sixth form.

Sorry, but I feel that is a really poor attitude to have, we have to listen to the FA whether we like it or not, rules are there for a reason, you say it doesn't affect your refereeing with coloured shirts E.T.C so why bother breaking the rules, it's quite pointless really and comes across a tad attention seeking or "bad boy" when your the only referee on the local park with a bright yellow shirt.......

I only have black kits......and black boots.

Anyway.....this turning into a debate about coloured shirts.....so I'm out.

@HRW I was under the influence by my local ra that we volunteers up to level 4 and untitled then you don't pay taxes on your takings as a referee, have you been told otherwise?
As a volunteer you can not receive remuneration, and the organisation coverting your services and time pays for your needs, thus your time is given and taken for £0.00.

Are you provided with a uniform withint which you volunteer - nope we buy our own kit.

Are our training and development courses paid for us - nope we pay £130 for the course (£390 ish to become an instructor)

CRC checks used to be paid for us as it was THEIR need that wework with situations that need it - now we can CHOOSE if we work with C&VP thus WE are the ones putting ourselves in the situation that needs it thus WE have to pick up the £65 tab.

Tax man is not interested in what we get, but by definition, and by discussion with Mr Blanchard, we are not Volunteers. It's more about covering your rear should 1 in 10000 decide to pipe up with a technically correct demand as a volunteer as opposed to trying to explain to 9999 that wouldn't understand the intricacies and TBH donlt give a flying whistle.

Needless to say, I think this needs to be made itopn its own thread - now about white boots any more.

As a volunteer you can not receive remuneration, and the organisation coverting your services and time pays for your needs, thus your time is given and taken for £0.00.

Are you provided with a uniform withint which you volunteer - nope we buy our own kit.

Are our training and development courses paid for us - nope we pay £130 for the course (£390 ish to become an instructor)

CRC checks used to be paid for us as it was THEIR need that wework with situations that need it - now we can CHOOSE if we work with C&VP thus WE are the ones putting ourselves in the situation that needs it thus WE have to pick up the £65 tab.

Tax man is not interested in what we get, but by definition, and by discussion with Mr Blanchard, we are not Volunteers. It's more about covering your rear should 1 in 10000 decide to pipe up with a technically correct demand as a volunteer as opposed to trying to explain to 9999 that wouldn't understand the intricacies and TBH donlt give a flying whistle.

Needless to say, I think this needs to be made itopn its own thread - now about white boots any more.
Not a clue what you just said, you will have to dumb it down a bit, I am from hull :rolleyes:

I've just brought me those boots that allow me to support mi coach and I still look smart in them even thou I'm about to go out with them this weekend

Back