A&H

Bolton Match..........

The Referee Store
you should be so lucky
I'm extremely fortunate with my job.

Assuming you declare all your referee income to HMRC as earnings, then you actually could, yes

With a bit of quick math.. Heathrow to LA... 5208nm (one way)... 5208x32p= £1666. That's not a bad return considering the flight there is only £600 :D

I'm very much hoping that I get selected for it. It'll be a great experience.

I'm extremely fortunate with my job.

With a bit of quick math.. Heathrow to LA... 5208nm (one way)... 5208x32p= £1666. That's not a bad return considering the flight there is only £600 :D

I'm very much hoping that I get selected for it. It'll be a great experience.
Haha not quite! You'd be able to claim the £600 only!

Reactions: DB
Insane. I literally get the huff when I have to go more than 7 miles!!!
19 mile trip to do anything less than level 11 on the pyramid? No thanks.
I'll take my Dog and Duck 5 miles up the road.

I often have to travel from Cornwall to Plymouth, Dartmouth, Portsmouth etc to referee for the forces. I'm bit a fan of it personally, I don't particularly like driving :/

Me and my big mouth, just got email local council declared all pitches unfit so not match tomorrow and no 38 mile round trip :confused:

Distance isn't the issue - its the time taken to travel. Where I am I've done games that are 40 miles away, but have taken 75 minutes to get to. Excluding horrific traffic, what's the longest its taken you to get to a game (and no, foreign tournaments don't count ;))

Am I the only one who actually prefers to travel long distance to games rather than stay local?

I've simply become immune to distance/time travelled. Suppose that comes with going up the refereeing pyramid. My family assume my absence for most of each Saturday (and Tuesday) and if I happen to be there then it's a bonus.

302 miles - National Futsal League fixture. Doncaster to Cheltenham via Coventry and Warwick to pickup rest of team. At least I got to claim the max. mileage allowed - almost.

If i'm honest i don't mind the long miles if i'm refereeing, but to go all that way as AR for almost half the money doesn't appeal to me.
I program the journey into my sat nav look at the journey time and depending where and how far add extra time on(pun there) i'd rather get there way too early than late or rushing to get there

Late to the party..

Trips this season:
- 224 Middlesbrough
- 340 Bristol
- 321 Oxford
- 412 Norwich

(haven't been on here for a while so have only just found this thread!)

Back