A&H

Bolton Match..........

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
I got a 38 mile round trip to Bolton for my match on Saturday.... third time i supposed to referee this team, previous two times both postponed due to waterlogged pitch, apparently the ground is as flat as a pancake and holds the water like an olympic swimming pool, so a call to the home manager methinks to discuss pitch condition.......

The Referee Store
I got a 38 mile round trip to Bolton for my match on Saturday.... third time i supposed to referee this team, previous two times both postponed due to waterlogged pitch, apparently the ground is as flat as a pancake and holds the water like an olympic swimming pool, so a call to the home manager methinks to discuss pitch condition.......

What on earth is a L7 being sent 19 miles for?
Don't think I've ever gone 19 miles in my life.
Let the L4s and above do that stuff!!

What on earth is a L7 being sent 19 miles for?
Don't think I've ever gone 19 miles in my life.
Let the L4s and above do that stuff!!
The team play within our league off i jolly well go.........i get an extra £5 fuel allowance as its over 30 miles

It's more of an issue of the cold at this juncture isn't it?
Who said it stopped raining? I was driving through Preston today and got hit by a cloudburst windscreen wipers on level 48(jokes) but slowed down to 20 mph as i coudn't see anything.......
But hoping recent sun has dried the ground but i will ring the manager tomorrow to get an update.

38 miles round trip????? My game a week Saturday is 130 miles round trip.

That's a normal journey for these types of games. :)

Comically my game this Saturday is 2 miles away!

Wales eh?

38 miles round trip????? My game a week Saturday is 130 miles round trip.

That's a normal journey for these types of games. :)

Comically my game this Saturday is 2 miles away!

Wales eh?
Oh ! my word 130 miles !!!! i would have booked a room the night before lol..... last week i had a match not a mile away but that got rained off

In any event kit is washed and clean .....still...................boots clean and dubbed...... still........

I had an email (i think all ref's received it) asking for a linesman for a match in Manchester (i'm in Preston) £12 plus extra £5 for fuel allowance...... my car is diesel and does 54 mpg but ......

Had a 153 mile round trip earlier in the season... Do I win?
Wait till you get to L4 & up...that's standard!!
I had 100 mile each way trips to Southampton, Tuesday night games to Kingstonian, 10am kick off's at Reading's training ground, Sunday lunch-time's in Farnborough...!

Also, side note, not sure if it's still the case but there was a mileage rule about hotel allowance (I think it was in the 120 one way territory) for 4's & above!

Wait till you get to L4 & up...that's standard!!
I had 100 mile each way trips to Southampton, Tuesday night games to Kingstonian, 10am kick off's at Reading's training ground, Sunday lunch-time's in Farnborough...!

Also, side note, not sure if it's still the case but there was a mileage rule about hotel allowance (I think it was in the 120 one way territory) for 4's & above!
I done my referee course at Madejski Stadium....Reading's training ground is or was at Hogwood Park methinks

To be honest, I can't recall. It was a Saturday 10am KO and I remember it was bloody miles away!
It was right on a sharp bend in a road.... i used to work for CityLink and delivered to industrial park next door and used to see players training and delivered to players at their homes..

I'm off to the states in the summer to referee, can I count that in my travel expenses?

Back