A&H

Best/worst dive you’ve ever seen?

alexv

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
Just came across this on Twitter and got me thinking if you’ve seen any bad dives? I’ve only ever seen one; this summer in an u8 tournament (which is pretty depressing as he’s clearly copying his idols) a cracking player just threw himself in the air and half heartedly appealed for a free kick...

Never seen it since

The Referee Store
VAR says penalty to Stoke! 👍

3 defeats in 4, down to 10 men, Leeds should be falling down that league soon!! Manager never saw that coming!!! :ninja:

Last edited:

This one always sticks in my mind. Not a dive as such, but a completely ridiculous reaction
He really disappointed every Leeds fan. Was meant to be the next big thing but was very poor and did things like that

Worst dive I remember is Rivaldo? 2002, world cup, phantom ball to the face.

In my matches I can't really think of any that come close to pro league types...
I feel like we’ll see it more in the future, like I said, the only one I’ve ever seen was an u8 kid! It was laughable but I can imagine it becoming more and more of an issue especially seeing how it benefits the pros these days

Speak8ng of dives. Does this count? Player after receiving his second yellow dives to the ground and does the centipede. If you do not know what the centipede is please look it up. Its a type of primitive dance done with music. HAHA. This definitely may not qualify, but this young bloke did dive to the ground and proceed to centipede towards. I swear, LMAO.

Back