A&H

Best Ground you have refereed at or ran line?

I was 4th official for a League Cup Final being played at Sutton United FC. Thats the 'best' so far for me.

The Referee Store
I've run the line at Hillsborough in the past. Despite having being going there for 10 years now, I had never realised quite how much of a gradient the pitch is at there, until I was chasing play back up the hill in the second half....

Paul ,I played in a County Cup Final at Harrow Borough in 2001 ish ?? and it was an awful pitch awful facilities no hot water in the showers or the old school big bath ....hopefully its improved since then , Ruined a big day for our team ! as did getting beat ;)

I've not been there for a few years, but that sounds pretty spot on!;)

Also, I damaged my arm there. Corridor outside changing room is not ideal for walking on in boots, great for falling over though, as I found out that evening.

Luckily teams were not out of d/rooms if I remember correctly.

Managed to reach the dizzying heights of a few semi-pro grounds: Hurlford Utd, Rob Roy and Petershill
Also Hampden...the astro pitch 100 yards away used by Queens Park youth. It is apparently the same dimensions though!
Best for me was Petershill (was actually a SWPL game) it was my first line appointment and I had only done local youth games in the middle before, some buzz walking out in front of actual paying fans

Alcorcon, (Segunda Division team - division below La Liga, Spain, beat Real Madrid in 2010 in Copa Del Rey). Also Guiseley FC when they played Manchester City and Sunderland in pre-season. Ossett Town and Ossett Albion, both of the EvoStik First Division North.

AR twice at Warrington Town FC (mock all you like but its still been on TV this season!) and done both middles and AR at Bolton Academy ground and Everton Academy.

Back