A&H

Best Ground you have refereed at or ran line?

Not really @HertsFinest, the last two games I have played have been charity ones both at harlow town!
I remembered the bottom pitch opposite the car park being quite bad and all the goals near the woodland being covered in acorns! Have you reffed at donkey lane in Enfield? The pitches there are covered in conkers!

The Referee Store
Dont go that far south! Furthest I go down is Waltham Cross ish so close. Did one game at turkey street which is in Enfield but all the Herts leagues tend to stop at Waltham Cross (awful awful place by the way!)

Not really @HertsFinest, the last two games I have played have been charity ones both at harlow town!
I remembered the bottom pitch opposite the car park being quite bad and all the goals near the woodland being covered in acorns! Have you reffed at donkey lane in Enfield? The pitches there are covered in conkers!
Haha Donkey Lane's pitches are horrific! As you say, get near a tree and conkers everywhere!
I've also officiated just next door, at Enfield Town's ground...pitch is nearly as bad as the Donkey Lane ones!

I once got kicked out the dougout at Eton Park (Burton Albions old ground)!! Doesn't quite fit the criteria but quite funny!

In the last 4.5 years as a referee I have been lucky enough to referee at an SPL Ground (Kilmarnock) plus a few Scottish Junior (semi-pro) grounds, whats the best ground you've reffed at?
were you never lucky enough to referee at somerset park

I've been assistant referee at Swansea City's ground, Liberty Stadium. Brilliant place and experience!

Refereed at l&m college stadium, formerly the cosy seal arena, formally parkside road, home to the prestigious kendal town fc (EvoStik north division 1) a few times in cup finals, and ran line there for their first team once... That's the best I can lay claim to

Quite a few semi pro grounds including the old Barnet ground (with the slope), Staines FC is nice, Harrow Borough and like Dan have been to QPR, Barnet & Brentford academy grounds several times.

Exactly!
In fact, this is the pitch of the team where I used to play football. The game was cancelled that day :)

I once played an away game at a local park and the pitch was like a billiard table.

It was an early season game so late summer, and this pitch was pristine. I mean, like Premier League standard. Lines were perfect and everything.

Turns out their left back was doing an apprenticeship in horticulture and groundskeeping or something, and had decided to look after it as a project during the summer. He'd made a good job of it to be fair.

Was funny though, every time somebody slid or cut the pitch he'd go over and bollock them for damaging his pitch.

He even had his dad come on at half time with a fork to replace the divers, and wipe the goal posts down.

Reactions: SM
There's a club down the road from me who are getting help with their ground maintenance from St George's Park. Our school are also getting some help to improve the quality of our pitches

At the minute it would have to be at The New Bucks Head (AFC Telford) for my 4th Official on a Divison One Cup Final

By far not the biggest, but definitely the best :p

cropped-acrefair-youth-24.jpg
dsc_0163.jpg
Acre3.jpg

Quite a few semi pro grounds including the old Barnet ground (with the slope), Staines FC is nice, Harrow Borough and like Dan have been to QPR, Barnet & Brentford academy grounds several times.
Paul ,I played in a County Cup Final at Harrow Borough in 2001 ish ?? and it was an awful pitch awful facilities no hot water in the showers or the old school big bath ....hopefully its improved since then , Ruined a big day for our team ! as did getting beat ;)

Stadium of Light - Sunderland - 4th Official

I'm a tad jealous and I need to improve my contacts it seems but I will give my vote to Hemsworth Miners Welfare in Fitzwilliam. They've a team in the NCEL but I ran the line in one of their Doncaster Senior League games. Nice setup, big enough changing room for referee and assistants (and more than one official changing room, too), genuine pitchside barriers plus a bell to remind teams it's time to play. Nice pitch and 'stadium' feel.

Back