A&H

Be careful where you park

Only designated space I've seen this season was directly behind one of the goals - prime "window smashed by a missed shot" territory! Having said that, I had to park there anyway as the (very small) car park was already full by the time I arrived, and luckily nothing came of it.

The Referee Store
Just a thought, but this season’s lack of refs has once again rightly brought into focus (too often lack of) respect for referees. Wouldn’t a really simple way to show a club values their match officials would be to reserve for them a dedicated parking spot.

Reckon pretty much any club, big or small, could do this, would cost them nothing but generate significant good will. (And prevent this rather farcical & embarrassing situation from occurring)
Only one I have seen by us is Worle, tiny car park but reserve the closest spot for the referee. Great at looking after the officials (off the pitch :rolleyes:)

Only one I have seen by us is Worle, tiny car park but reserve the closest spot for the referee. Great at looking after the officials (off the pitch :rolleyes:)
Doesn’t have to be a specific spot (I get why others are concerned at parking in the designated ref’s spot), just making sure we have somewhere to park.

I’m thinking, for example, of Wells City. The club’s pitch is adjacent to tennis courts, a municipal pitch, archery etc. - if you get there at the wrong time, the public car park is chocker, but the club have some (10? 15?) spaces behind a gate. I’ve rocked up there before, explained I’m a match official and they’ve let me in to park. They keep enough spaces for match officials and the other great & good (my words) - no specific slot, but at least I’m not trawling the local streets for a parking spot/

Having had all 4 tyres slashed after a last minute penalty in a cup semi final, theres no way in hell im parking in a designated space for the referee, they found my car without it anyway. Wouldn’t mind but the penalty I gave was one of the most blatant shirt pulls I’ve ever given in my life, nearly pulled it completely off
Hope you reported this 'dissent'

Hope you reported this 'dissent'
Reported to league and county, league paid for 4 brand new tyres and then reclaimed from the club, and fined them heavily. Wasnt the first time theyve done it apparently

Reported to league and county, league paid for 4 brand new tyres and then reclaimed from the club, and fined them heavily. Wasnt the first time theyve done it apparently
I'd of probably reported to police as well... Disgusting... Was that down here?

Back