A&H

Ball Leaving The Area

The Referee Store
Just planting seeds! Dodgy ground for us to dictate how hard or far a player has to kick a ball. We also dont get to offer advice as to who he could kick the ball too

Fair points to consider - certaintly didn't suggest they stop playing out from the back, or that they had to go long, merely that if the ball didn't leave the area again, i would take action.

What can the law change be ?

Thinking if you touch the ball in your own box from a keepers pass its a free kick to opposition ?
Just to reiterate - a large number of the proposed law changes that keep popping up on here from time to time are on the following IFAB website:

IFAB Play Fair! website

The proposed change to this part of the law is:
Allowing defending players (including the goalkeeper) to play the ball inside the penalty area once the free kick/goal kick has been taken (the opponents must remain outside the penalty area until the kick is taken)

Just to reiterate - a large number of the proposed law changes that keep popping up on here from time to time are on the following IFAB website:

IFAB Play Fair! website

The proposed change to this part of the law is:
Been through this Fair Play! site/document
I think the best idea(s) is/are the simplest
Pre-match handshake – referee goes to the technical areas just before kick-off and the two coaches and referee shake hands together as a sign of respect
I like this one so much, I may run with it forthwith
Some of the other ideas are major changes which I'm not at all convinced by
If ‘Self-passing’ at a free kick, corner kick and goal kick was removed from the old 'Harrow Rules', it was probably taken out for good reason

Been through this Fair Play! site/document
I think the best idea(s) is/are the simplest
Pre-match handshake – referee goes to the technical areas just before kick-off and the two coaches and referee shake hands together as a sign of respect
I like this one so much, I may run with it forthwith
Some of the other ideas are major changes which I'm not at all convinced by
If ‘Self-passing’ at a free kick, corner kick and goal kick was removed from the old 'Harrow Rules', it was probably taken out for good reason

Very effective in a team of 3. Do it while assistants are checking the nets instead of standing by the centre spot looking like a melon.

Very effective in a team of 3. Do it while assistants are checking the nets instead of standing by the centre spot looking like a melon.

What's the point? Its just for show. Any game with a team of 3, you all meet the managers beforehand anyway.

What's the point? Its just for show. Any game with a team of 3, you all meet the managers beforehand anyway.

Common courtesy. You could make the same “what’s the point” argument about the respect handshake in its entirety.
You’ll often the see the manager beforehand but sometimes they are busy and wouldn’t infringe on their time in the lead up to a game.

I hope they don't introduce this idea, leaving me to be the only one doing it. On some occasions, it's the little things which can set us apart from 'last week's ref'. If the handshake became expected, it wouldn't have the same influence

Common courtesy. You could make the same “what’s the point” argument about the respect handshake in its entirety.
You’ll often the see the manager beforehand but sometimes they are busy and wouldn’t infringe on their time in the lead up to a game.

I was thiking of when you exchange team sheets, that's when handshakes and a few pleasantries are exchanged - nothing to be gained by a symbolic shake of the hands 5 seconds before kick off. The obvious difference with the respect handshake is that you don't get to speak with the players beforehand and they don't get to shake hands with each other before that.

Back