A&H

Attempted assault on me

Thank you for your support everyone. I have been informed that there will be a hearing regarding the incident , has anyone got any advice?

The Referee Store
Thank you for your support everyone. I have been informed that there will be a hearing regarding the incident , has anyone got any advice?
Yes, read the following
  • Contact your Referees Association and see if one of their senior members can accompany you to the hearing
  • Dress as if you were going for a job interview at a bank (so that means shirt and tie at the very least)
  • Take a copy of your report with you
  • Arrive early
  • Answer questions asked of you but if you feel like you might say something that conflicts with what you said in your report, just answer, "Everything is in my report"
  • Address all your replies through the Chair of the hearing
  • Do not get annoyed if your account of events is challenged
  • Remember you are not on trial, you are a witness
  • You get to claim your expenses
  • You will be allowed to leave as soon as you've given your account
  • You will certainly leave before the club/player find out the result of the hearing and any fines/suspensions (if found guilty)
Good luck

When I got assaulted, I never got to go to the hearing, so I'm assuming my perpetrator just pleaded guilty to everything.

He got a 6 month ban, but I had to check the FA website to find this out, rather than the FA / League telling me directly.

When I got assaulted, I never got to go to the hearing, so I'm assuming my perpetrator just pleaded guilty to everything.

He got a 6 month ban, but I had to check the FA website to find this out, rather than the FA / League telling me directly.
That's normal. As Brian says you are a witness, so never expect to be told the punishment.

A witness? He's the victim as well. The panel should be falling over themselves to let the victim know the perpetrator has been dealt with.

Yes, that is what you would think....it would seems the sensible outcome.

However, this is the FA rules we are dealing with so common sense does not apply.

In the same way an opponent suffers a punch, they are not advised of the outcome.

My response may have sounded harsh, but that is what the CFA will do.

Back