A&H

Assistant abused

Isaac

Isaac
Level 7 Referee
Ball goes for a throw in on half way line. I'm not sure who's it is but my AR (blue teams sub) gives it to his own team. Then yellow player scream "you cheating ****er"
Am I right to send him off seeing as he has effectively yelled that at a match official?

The Referee Store
You send him off because he called the linesman a cheat and because he swore at him. And make sure you put those exact words in the report to the FA.

Its not ok to call the ref or a lino a cheat because it undermines their authority

Ball goes for a throw in on half way line. I'm not sure who's it is but my AR (blue teams sub) gives it to his own team. Then yellow player scream "you cheating ****er"
Am I right to send him off seeing as he has effectively yelled that at a match official?
Absolutely. Had the same a few years ago in an U18 game - player called the other team's club AR a "f***ing cheating p***k" for giving a throw-in against him in the 92nd minute. He didn't finish the match!

100% right. Be they neutral AR's or Club AR's anyone calling one of mine either of the C words is taking an early shower

Had same today,linesman gave offside and the player concerned shouted at the linesman some 20 yards away at the top of his voice "You f****** cheating bas****" He got a straight red for his outburst and he looked shell shocked and started laughing at me, but he was walking..

As an assistant he is part of your team not his club whilst carrying out that role. Any abuse in his direction should be dealt with the same as if he was a neutral assistant.

Unless he is cheating

As an assistant he is part of your team not his club whilst carrying out that role. Any abuse in his direction should be dealt with the same as if he was a neutral assistant.

Unless he is cheating
Not sure about that??
How do you know he is cheating and not just useless??
Cheat = Red Card

Totally correct decision. I always do pre-match talk with 'under no circumstances are players, coaches or parents to abuse the AR's'. They are as equally important as the ref.

Easy red.

Although yesterday I did see a referee use a "Quiet word" when his neutral assistant was quite loudly called a Jeremy Hunt. Felt sorry for the young lad running the line.

Easy red.

Although yesterday I did see a referee use a "Quiet word" when his neutral assistant was quite loudly called a Jeremy Hunt. Felt sorry for the young lad running the line.
Should have been straight red...........

I'm so disappointed that James Blunt has been usurped by a politician from my favourite ****ney rhyming slang!

I was doing the lines, I gave a clear offside and the player shouted for me to "f*** off".

The ref didnt do anything, and I was wondering if that was a clear red or what?

I was doing the lines, I gave a clear offside and the player shouted for me to "f*** off".

The ref didnt do anything, and I was wondering if that was a clear red or what?
Foul and Abusive language IMO i would have given a straight red........

what about if a player turns to you and very calmly says "ref, he's cheating"
would you dignify that with a response or is that a send off ?

what about if a player turns to you and very calmly says "ref, he's cheating"
would you dignify that with a response or is that a send off ?

Not sure what my response would be other than a verbal "keep your opinion to yourself matey". Because he's said it only to me and it's about somebody else, I can't see how it falls within the remit of "OFFINABUS" and therefore a red card. :)

Back