A&H

Arsenal Vs Man Utd

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Somewhat agricultural challenge by Lindelof on the touchline and Saka's on the follow through wasn't clever either! :eek:

The Referee Store
That is how var should work. Never enough for a pen.
I both weirdly agree and disagree. I don’t think it’s a penalty on review, however in real time I can absolutely see why it was given and couldn’t say that was a clear and obvious error

I both weirdly agree and disagree. I don’t think it’s a penalty on review, however in real time I can absolutely see why it was given and couldn’t say that was a clear and obvious error
Oh yeah looked nailed on initially

Excellent use of VAR despite all of its recent problems. VAR had the balls to get the ref to have another look, and we wouldn't have all those problems over the past few weeks.

Hopefully VAR drew their lines in the right place as it looked very tight from the original side on angle! :eek:

I think it was a supportable pk award and I think it was rerefereeing
This is what's wrong with how football is currently refereed. The only way its supportable is because there's contact. The contact is slight and never enough for a foul.

No foul has to be the best decision we can give here do empower var to give it

Erik Ten Hag is on another planet.

In his Sky interview he says,

“It’s not offside. It’s the wrong angle”

“It’s a penalty on Hojland”

“It’s a foul on Jonny Evans for the goal”

This is more than just deflection, this is delusion.

This is what's wrong with how football is currently refereed. The only way its supportable is because there's contact. The contact is slight and never enough for a foul.

No foul has to be the best decision we can give here do empower var to give it
I think when you're running at speed any clip on the foot could result in a fall. My very sensitive cheating antenna did not detect the usual cheating in this instance

I think when you're running at speed any clip on the foot could result in a fall. My very sensitive cheating antenna did not detect the usual cheating in this instance
It's not an outright dive, but I think it's definitely exaggerated

What they come out with every week gets very very silly

Last edited:
It's not an outright dive, but I think it's definitely exaggerated
Maybe but I don't think we can know that. I don't have a really strong feeling on it other than it was a supportable decision

Reactions: es1
I think Taylor thought that Wan Bissaka's leading leg had caught Havertz, that's why he gave it, and in fairness I thought the same on first view. But it didn't and rather Havertz's leg caught Wan Bissaka's already planted leg, I'd say there is an argument for simulation (sort of thing Robert Pires did for years), but it certainly makes the original decision very obviously wrong.

That is how VAR should work.

I think Taylor thought that Wan Bissaka's leading leg had caught Havertz, that's why he gave it, and in fairness I thought the same on first view. But it didn't and rather Havertz's leg caught Wan Bissaka's already planted leg, I'd say there is an argument for simulation (sort of thing Robert Pires did for years), but it certainly makes the original decision very obviously wrong.

That is how VAR should work.
Absolutely, none of this mulling over the meaning of ‘clear & obvious’ nonsense. That needs to change to ‘not 100% sure about that, you should have another look and make a call’. That what I think the conversation was today, (probably helped the VAR was an Aussie, a bit more confident in giving his opinion’) Nobody is pulling rank or offending their mates, just another look at a different and more angles. If this criteria was applied with all the controversial decisions recently we wouldn’t have had all of this VAR start of season mess.

If the Rashford one is a penalty against Forest, why was this not a penalty for Arsenal! You can understand the fans of small teams like Forest, Bournemouth and Arsenal not being impressed with how VAR is applied one week and then the next.

If the Rashford one is a penalty against Forest, why was this not a penalty for Arsenal! You can understand the fans of small teams like Forest, Bournemouth and Arsenal not being impressed with how VAR is applied one week and then the next.
Very much agreed

It’s about time that more managers actually took responsibility for their teams mistakes rather than blaming the referee so much. It isn’t Anthony Taylor’s fault that his defenders let two goals in in added time.

Havertz penalty/non-penalty a perfect example of how VAR should work - none of this clear and obvious nonsense, just find the correct decision.

RE Garnacho offside, it’s factual and the lines are the lines - they don’t help themselves though. Why would they not draw them on the picture that is clearly from a ‘better’ angle (knowing the outcome will be the same)

Back