A&H

Arbroath v Inverness CT

The Referee Store
1st red, there’s enough doubt as to whether he is getting control of the ball before the keeper gets there to discount DOGSO in my opinion.

2nd red, did he go straight red or 2nd caution? Don’t think it’s excessive force or endangering safety but it looks pretty reckless to me. Lunge, bit of stud showing etc. got loads of the ball which I know isn’t the be all and end all but usually helps the tacklers cause.

1st red, there’s enough doubt as to whether he is getting control of the ball before the keeper gets there to discount DOGSO in my opinion.

2nd red, did he go straight red or 2nd caution? Don’t think it’s excessive force or endangering safety but it looks pretty reckless to me. Lunge, bit of stud showing etc. got loads of the ball which I know isn’t the be all and end all but usually helps the tacklers cause.
2nd yellow yes, after initially looking like he was playing on.

I think both are incredibly harsh if not incorrect

I can certainly see a foul in the first (looks to hold him after the attacker wins the header) but certainly doubtful he gets there first ahead of the keeper

2nd might look like a lunge but it's completely in control and wins the ball. Good challenge imo

I think both are incredibly harsh if not incorrect

I can certainly see a foul in the first (looks to hold him after the attacker wins the header) but certainly doubtful he gets there first ahead of the keeper

2nd might look like a lunge but it's completely in control and wins the ball. Good challenge imo
Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

He's jumped in with a straight leg, the one saving grace to keep it at reckless rather than SFP is that there isn't very much force in the challenge.

First one, with the defender putting his arm around the attacker and looking like he pulls him down, I can definitely see why it was given (and no VAR).

Second one, I don't think there'd be too much moaning if it was a first yellow for the player, it would be a harsh first yellow but likely accepted.

It's the fact its a harsh second yellow meaning the red that is the issue I think.

Despite the absence of a flag, am thinking the ar has been heavy involved in the first one. The more replays, the more I can see the fk going either way.

Second one is a yellow card. Ball or no ball, leave the ground, you are saying to the referee, here, make a call on this. Any player in this country unaware what action this referee will take when asked that questiom has missed their homework lesson. Miss the ball here and connect with the playet, red
Take the ball, yellow.

another referee might have shown mercy. The beauty of individuals

First one I think is spot on tbh. Rugby tackled because they know he's about to get clean through.

Second one I thought was spot on from the TV camera; however, the video from the referee's angle, I cannot for the life of me understand why that's been given, that's fairly tame and makes 0-minimal contact. I think he's overthought it?

For me the first is harsh as it probably runs through to goalie, but understand how he sees it red.

2nd one I also think is harsh. As soon as he plays the ball he pulls leg away and down to the ground, the contact is minimal and on the ground. Again I can see why it looks yellow at first viewing, but the replay for me shows the straight leg was withdrawn, and there was really no force at all.

1st - I think I’d have gone yellow, there’s enough doubt in my mind about whether it’s DOGSO to not go red but I can also see why the referee would give it

2nd - the myth of touching the ball = not a foul is in full force. I’m happy with a second yellow for that. Lunge, straight leg but not enough force for SFP so reckless is fine

The commentator of the game is what makes things worse for us referees. Ex player, totally clueless around the laws of the game. The first stating ‘there’s no contact’, is he joking? Absolutely clueless

Despite the absence of a flag, am thinking the ar has been heavy involved in the first one. The more replays, the more I can see the fk going either way.

Second one is a yellow card. Ball or no ball, leave the ground, you are saying to the referee, here, make a call on this. Any player in this country unaware what action this referee will take when asked that questiom has missed their homework lesson. Miss the ball here and connect with the playet, red
Take the ball, yellow.

another referee might have shown mercy. The beauty of individuals

Just making up rules to justify the refs action.
There is not a (non Arbroath) player alive wanting a caution for this tackle.

Reactions: es1
Just making up rules to justify the refs action.
There is not a (non Arbroath) player alive wanting a caution for this tackle.

There is no Arbroath player alive taken part in Euros, reffed 4 Scots Cup finals, dozen old firm games and few have taken to the pitch in the countrys top league far less taken centre stage every weekend for near 20 years, and thats before the Nou Camp, San Siro and the rest.

You missing the rest of the post.." another referee might have shown mercy"

slight add on, for those new to officiating, football does not have rules.

You jump into a tackle like that these days, with both feet off the ground, you are giving the referee a decision to make. Even more so when you are already on a caution.

There is no Arbroath player alive taken part in Euros, reffed 4 Scots Cup finals, dozen old firm games and few have taken to the pitch in the countrys top league far less taken centre stage every weekend for near 20 years, and thats before the Nou Camp, San Siro and the rest.

You missing the rest of the post.." another referee might have shown mercy"

slight add on, for those new to officiating, football does not have rules.

Ah that old argument. Best close up the forum then. The pro ref has made his decision!
Funny how on the Madrid v City game all you kept banging on about was popular opinion on the advantage. Why does popular opinion not count here?

Football does indeed have rules. Laws and rules are interchangable words. Please stop deflecting.

" another ref might have shown mercy"

imo there is no right or wrong here, this ref has went yellow, perfectly entitled to do so
another ref might not, again, fine

As Rusty correctly says, ( coincidence those who been at a high level have the same mindset?), ask the referee that question, you cant be upset at the answer.

The advantage, was the referees discretion to play it or not
exact same as this tackle, the referee gets to call it.

This referee will caution that tackle everytime, haa done for 20 years, at astronomical levels in footballs most lavish occasions. Just as its handy for referees to know what kind of players are on the pitch, its good homework to know the referee in charge. Nobody watching that game live, in stadium or on tv, would be surprised by that card.

Back