A&H

Anthony Taylor

Carroll already has two yards on Skrtel when he assaults Mignolet.

Firstly, I agree with @Matthew , it certainly wasn't assault. Yes there was distance between them at the point of impact, but that was because Skrtel pushed him forwards and then walked backwards. It's basic physics, he is in the air, there is no friction, Carroll has no way of stopping himself colliding with Mignolet after he has been pushed.

I think we have another Liverpool fan.

The Referee Store
And this is the great thing about football. Passion!

Sometimes better to agree to disagree gents :)

I was on the line in sheffield with a ref in the middle called Mark. He was the spitting image of Mark Clattenburg.

EDIT. Just realized that this post should've been in the lookalikes thread

Ive only just seen this thread, i met Anthony at St Georges in the summer and asked him about that, and he said that he saw the ball went in, gave it, then spotted his assistants (stuart burt i think but im not 100%) flag and went over and asked 'what have you seen?' And he said 'i saw a foul on the liverpool goalkeeper' and Taylor said 'who fouled the keeper?' And the AR said 'im not sure' and so Taylor didnt see that sufficient enough to chalk off the goal since the AR couldnt be certain. Hope that clears it up :)

Ive only just seen this thread, i met Anthony at St Georges in the summer and asked him about that, and he said that he saw the ball went in, gave it, then spotted his assistants (stuart burt i think but im not 100%) flag and went over and asked 'what have you seen?' And he said 'i saw a foul on the liverpool goalkeeper' and Taylor said 'who fouled the keeper?' And the AR said 'im not sure' and so Taylor didnt see that sufficient enough to chalk off the goal since the AR couldnt be certain. Hope that clears it up :)

Yeh that's right... I spoke to Stuart at a conference in the summer and he said the same... Wishes he had been more confident in his convictions and told Anthony to give the free kick...

Back