A&H

Another New Person!

Look like I may have to join Brian on the ex-referee sidelines... Over-flexed my left knee and I can't see me running any time soon...

The Referee Store
So, the course is next Sunday.. looking forward to it but I have seriously dropped the ball on fitness recently! I did start and get half way through the couch to 5K thing and it was going really well, but the last few weeks work has been crazy. I am stressing that I won't be fit enough, look like an idiot etc etc !! BUT - I have had to move so much to get these Sundays clear I am determined to go and do it.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Having signed up in Feb it has always seemed a long time away, but now suddenly looming large on the horizon.

Have you done your homework yet?

See you next week

Jeff

So, the course is next Sunday.. looking forward to it but I have seriously dropped the ball on fitness recently! I did start and get half way through the couch to 5K thing and it was going really well, but the last few weeks work has been crazy. I am stressing that I won't be fit enough, look like an idiot etc etc !! BUT - I have had to move so much to get these Sundays clear I am determined to go and do it.

Man up Paul FFS!! :D

You'll be fine mate. A willingness to learn and a bit of confidence in your own personality are all that's really required. Fitness can come and go. I'm glad you and Jeff are on the course and I look forward to meeting you both at some point in the (hopefully) near future. In the meantime, ANYTHING you feel I might be able to help or advise either of you with - please don't hesitate. :)

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Having signed up in Feb it has always seemed a long time away, but now suddenly looming large on the horizon.

Have you done your homework yet?

See you next week

Jeff

Just doing my homework now Jeff, like the good student I am !

Looking forward to meeting you.

Man up Paul FFS!! :D

You'll be fine mate. A willingness to learn and a bit of confidence in your own personality are all that's really required. Fitness can come and go. I'm glad you and Jeff are on the course and I look forward to meeting you both at some point in the (hopefully) near future. In the meantime, ANYTHING you feel I might be able to help or advise either of you with - please don't hesitate. :)

Ok, I will man up! :D

And thanks for the offer - I have lots of questions that I will message you if we don't cover it on the course

Guessing you get the badge to sew on once you have qualified?
Not 100% sure TBH, IMO you can referee a game un-qualified so passing the course you are not awarded a badge per say.. Do what you like, they don't really care once you are sending in the Bubbly Bonus fines!!

Guessing you get the badge to sew on once you have qualified?
Paul, if you order it from A&H, they will embroider the county badge onto the kit.

The RA shop will also embroider the county badge onto the kit - although I'm unsure who is the cheaper of the two!

When you pass the course, generally you will receive a county badge which you could sew on yourself, however, I feel the embroidering looks smarter!

I have bought myself a new ref shirt for the coming season, and want the badge sewn on the pocket, so as to get it done properly i use an embroidery shop a few miles away(used them before) she will unpick the pocket sew on the badge and sew up the pocket done it to my current shirt and you can't even tell its been sewn on... how much you ask? only get charged £2.50.......

Look like I may have to join Brian on the ex-referee sidelines... Over-flexed my left knee and I can't see me running any time soon...
Come and join the dark side - Assessing. Brian has already joined. Most referees ideal wish - Referee the game without the physical effort.

Your experience on man-mangement would be vital for referee development. If you don't want to do the formal assessing, offer yourself as a mentor.

It that or shopping with the wife, or watch Sheff Utd (I think that your team from the other forum).:wall:

Thanks Lincs, Unfortunately I am part owner (50%) & Sales Director of 3 companies, my spare time is extremely finite.
Its always been my issue in never applying for any promotion. I've watched many colleagues in my own league and apart from one I wouldn't pay them their full fee... I'm watching one now in the France Ireland game that I would give a 3/10 so far!! I don't think they want someone who tells the truth!!!

Thanks Lincs, Unfortunately I am part owner (50%) & Sales Director of 3 companies, my spare time is extremely finite.
Its always been my issue in never applying for any promotion. I've watched many colleagues in my own league and apart from one I wouldn't pay them their full fee... I'm watching one now in the France Ireland game that I would give a 3/10 so far!! I don't think they want someone who tells the truth!!!
True. They've already got enough of them, which is why referees dislike many of them

IMG_4407.jpg

New install at Audi in Poole... 60-70 hour week, 40K+ miles, doesn't leave much time or energy for much else really...

Back