A&H

Another New Person!

Paul Clarke

Just wanted to say hello!

After many years of thinking about it I have finally taken the plunge and enrolled on a course in July here in Somerset. At the pre-enrolment course I felt very old (43) and out of place but excited that finally I am going to give it ago.

Full of anxiety, but I have between now and then to read rules and try to get fit ! Been lurking for the past few weeks and gained much information from you all, thank you.

The Referee Store
Welcome to the forum mate.

First day, but about those rules... :p

Feel free to get stuck in mate. Always plenty of discussions on the go

Welcome to another Somerset FA ref!!!

Where are you reffing Paul?

I live just outside Wells, where are you? I am a bit worried about about my age , and also I am limited in my availability as Sunday's are normally out for me. But determined to give it a go !

I live just outside Wells, where are you? I am a bit worried about about my age , and also I am limited in my availability as Sunday's are normally out for me. But determined to give it a go !

Best you stick yourself into the Mid Somerset League once you qualify then Paul since we are a Saturday afternoon kick off. The Yeovil and District league is within your remit geographically as well mate. As soon as you need matches - PM me and I'll put you in touch with the relevant Appointment Secretary's. Welcome aboard chap - and if you need anything at all - just shout. :)

I'm in w-s-m mate, there are no mens Sunday football near me, only Saturday PM's.

I started at 37 so a late starter as well mate, as long as your fit enough, your young enough!
As per Kes, any Q's mate just shout.

Just wanted to say hello!

After many years of thinking about it I have finally taken the plunge and enrolled on a course in July here in Somerset. At the pre-enrolment course I felt very old (43) and out of place but excited that finally I am going to give it ago.

Full of anxiety, but I have between now and then to read rules and try to get fit ! Been lurking for the past few weeks and gained much information from you all, thank you.

Is that the course in Glastonbury in July? I'm doing that, and I'm 47, so you won't be the oldest! See you there!

(I'm in Street)

Jeff

Reactions: Kes
Best you stick yourself into the Mid Somerset League once you qualify then Paul since we are a Saturday afternoon kick off. The Yeovil and District league is within your remit geographically as well mate. As soon as you need matches - PM me and I'll put you in touch with the relevant Appointment Secretary's. Welcome aboard chap - and if you need anything at all - just shout. :)

Thank you will do :)

Is that the course in Glastonbury in July? I'm doing that, and I'm 47, so you won't be the oldest! See you there!

(I'm in Street)

Jeff

Look forward to meeting you - just down the road from me !

Thank you all for your warm welcome and encouragement - I am feeling much more confident now

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kes
I started at 36, made it to Level 5, now retired (as of 11:43) this morning, assess local, County, Supply and Contributory Leagues. Also national tutor. Age is no barrier, just a number

Welcome to the 'Comeback Trail' Brian, lets hope its painless and you don't kick and scream too much! :cool:

Did you have a ceremonial fire with the old kit Brian?? I thought I saw a large smoke plume up't near t'M62?:p

Reactions: SM
So, the course is next Sunday.. looking forward to it but I have seriously dropped the ball on fitness recently! I did start and get half way through the couch to 5K thing and it was going really well, but the last few weeks work has been crazy. I am stressing that I won't be fit enough, look like an idiot etc etc !! BUT - I have had to move so much to get these Sundays clear I am determined to go and do it.

Back