A&H

after two assessments my promotion season is blown

there you are my assessments looks like I will be giving it another go next season. I am happy with the assessors no qualms
Given the reading over the three assessments, the challenging match (no 2) was the weakest performance. it is 50/50, I think, as to whether they promote you.

But does a L5 did better football in your part of the country, as in York with have one league where L7 to L4 all operate. The Premier Division is L4 only, but the L5 & L6 all do Div 1 to Div 4 & three reserve division games.

The Referee Store
Marks don't exist anymore for 7-6 & 6-5 assessments. They are just graded in the competences

Is it the overall grading ie "above/below standard expected" that counts or can a chap have 3 assessments all showing him as "standard expected" but still fail to achieve promotion on account of having say, two out of three performance competencies showing as "below standard expected".

Does that make sense?

Is it the overall grading ie "above/below standard expected" that counts or can a chap have 3 assessments all showing him as "standard expected" but still fail to achieve promotion on account of having say, two out of three performance competencies showing as "below standard expected".

Does that make sense?
Yes, because the standard expected is as your current level of being referee.

Above standard indicates that they should progress, below standard means some more work on that level's competences is needed.

hi lincs I have a 4th assessment on Thursday with netural assistants.

we have a 3 division county league (level 4 or 5 in top division, 5 second division and 3rd),two reserves leagues (level 5s that haven't past their fitness test and 6s), 2 u21 county leagues (development for 6 and 5), 3 regional branded leagues (7 to 5)

top two county and u21 leagues only leagues top operate with NSR. as well as ryman Youth League, ladies premier league, cup competions

you got a kicking in the second asssesment. these things happen just look at the advice points/ all three mention your whistle that means it needs addressing

you got a kicking in the second asssesment. these things happen just look at the advice points/ all three mention your whistle that means it needs addressing

thanks I just bought a new fox 40 whistle. now I have just got to move to a country that doesn't rain. possible 4th assessment now Saturday in a possibly challenging game.

now I have just got to move to a country that doesn't rain..
If there is one, please post on this website. They may have more referees and Assessors than they know what to do with.

Also, can they arrange jobs for us all that pay £xxxxxxxx for little work.

I know the place - "Cloud cuckoo land".

If there is one, please post on this website. They may have more referees and Assessors than they know what to do with.

Also, can they arrange jobs for us all that pay £xxxxxxxx for little work.

I know the place - "Cloud cuckoo land".

I was thinking somewhere like Kenya. very little rain and extra bonuses from the home/away teams

Unlucky Stuart, good luck for the next promotion season.
Maybe our paths will cross as we're both on the county league list.
On the positive side you now have a clean sheet with the points to develop already known.

Interesting to see the way the new assessors have adapted to the new system. The 'Summary' interests me, when I did my assessors course at the start of the year that was seen to be to summarise the entire assessment not used as the place to put everything you've seen down.

Did my first assessment (6-5) at the weekend which I found interesting but enjoyable. As I'm 21 I expected to receive a few humorous comments from the spectators but right away they asked if I was the assessor and went on to tell me they thought the referee involved was doing a good job. Any tips on how to assess in the pouring rain with no covered stand in sight are welcome! My paper was far too wet to write on and my hands frozen solid. For the last 30 mins I resorted to using voice recordings on my phone! :ninja:

Personally, I use the strength and development boxes to elaborate as is seen at L4+ then summarise in the summary box. From what I was told the new system was introduced to make assessing less long-winded and arduous but it seems these assessors have just copy and pasted the old technique into the summary box!

Interesting to see the way the new assessors have adapted to the new system. The 'Summary' interests me, when I did my assessors course at the start of the year that was seen to be to summarise the entire assessment not used as the place to put everything you've seen down.

Did my first assessment (6-5) at the weekend which I found interesting but enjoyable. As I'm 21 I expected to receive a few humorous comments from the spectators but right away they asked if I was the assessor and went on to tell me they thought the referee involved was doing a good job. Any tips on how to assess in the pouring rain with no covered stand in sight are welcome! My paper was far too wet to write on and my hands frozen solid. For the last 30 mins I resorted to using voice recordings on my phone! :ninja:

Personally, I use the strength and development boxes to elaborate as is seen at L4+ then summarise in the summary box. From what I was told the new system was introduced to make assessing less long-winded and arduous but it seems these assessors have just copy and pasted the old technique into the summary box!
Don't take games at grounds where there's no cover and it's likely to rain is the only solution. As far as protecting yourself against the cold, make sure you wear a coat with deep pockets and put some pocket warmers in your pockets. Alternatively you could use Tiger Balm on the inside of your wrist but it does make you smell a bit lol.

I'm about to start experimenting using Dragon software which is a voice to text system that works on most operating systems. I'm going to trial it on a game I just go to watch to see if it can produce notes like I have when I am assessing. If it works, I'll just pop in the headphones and dictate my way through a game, then at half time and full time I'll draft the notes into a feedback/de-brief document.

That's the technique used by the FL observers for FL referees except they use iPads.

Edited to say how impressed I am that you are out assessing at age 21. I found my whole game improved massively once I began assessing as I began recognising my own areas of development much more quickly.

Don't take games at grounds where there's no cover and it's likely to rain is the only solution. As far as protecting yourself against the cold, make sure you wear a coat with deep pockets and put some pocket warmers in your pockets. Alternatively you could use Tiger Balm on the inside of your wrist but it does make you smell a bit lol.

I'm about to start experimenting using Dragon software which is a voice to text system that works on most operating systems. I'm going to trial it on a game I just go to watch to see if it can produce notes like I have when I am assessing. If it works, I'll just pop in the headphones and dictate my way through a game, then at half time and full time I'll draft the notes into a feedback/de-brief document.

That's the technique used by the FL observers for FL referees except they use iPads.

Edited to say how impressed I am that you are out assessing at age 21. I found my whole game improved massively once I began assessing as I began recognising my own areas of development much more quickly.

I know of assessors this season who have come off games at the last minute at supply level due to heavy rain and no shelter, I've been told that they have been told that it is perfectly reasonable for them to do so and I agree.

I know of assessors this season who have come off games at the last minute at supply level due to heavy rain and no shelter, I've been told that they have been told that it is perfectly reasonable for them to do so and I agree.
I doubt they would last very long on my Supply League but then again, there is strict enforcement of ground grading which requires a higher standard of facilities because of the level of the league.

Back