A&H

After match incident

OK, I didn't know that. Useful nugget that is

How would they? They won't have a Full Time logon which is how most leagues mark referees now. They could in theory Google the league or CFA and approach them directly, but I would hope they wouldn't entertain such ad-hoc contact from some angry oaf ranting and raving and would refer it back to the named club contact(s).

The Referee Store
How would they? They won't have a Full Time logon which is how most leagues mark referees now. They could in theory Google the league or CFA and approach them directly, but I would hope they wouldn't entertain such ad-hoc contact from some angry oaf ranting and raving and would refer it back to the named club contact(s).
Never thought about. The only player who ever wanted to report me was about 14 years old and his manager told him to take a hike!

Quicker yes, but they are trying to intimidate you by asking for your name so I personally wouldn't give them the satisfaction. Players can't report you, only the person(s) that has the direct contact with the league officials, such as manager or secretary, can, so why should anyone else need your name.
actually think it's the opposite. They expect you not to say so they can argue with you not giving it. When you give it, it surprises them

Agree, it isn't worth getting into a discussion with them, even just to give your name. Just say that the manager / secretary will have your name and they should know of the process for reporting, then walk away.

Mind you 2 names is less of a 'discussion' that those 15 words you suggest!:p but more seriously.

As we all agree that

a) There really won't be anything that they can 'report'
b) Any such 'report' will be ignored/laughed at
c) They probably won't anyway

ANY response, apart from being abusive, is probably OK!

Back