A&H

Advice on RC form (player loses it and throws about 1000 punches)

Oh I'm sorry. I am talking about what level 7s do when we are refereeing U10s not what you pros do.

I of course like to stand there with my finger up my bum singing my old mans a milkman when I dismiss a player. Standard CFA rules.

Once you get to level six its the same but without the finger up the bum!

(Warning: the above is a tongue in cheek comment not meant to be taken seriously)

The Referee Store
ALL STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW.

this off topic foolishness fails to impress me. Back on topic please.

Reactions: MI
'The above player repeatedly struck/attempted to strike an opponent' is usually enough.

When I first read the title I thought of this
tumblr_m0e71mPQpE1r03eaxo1_r1_400.gif

Everyone knows he has been sent off. Question is whether the violence required an abandonment or not and whether the police should be called?
If the Police should be called in a certain situation, who does it? Do you get one of the managers/coaches to do it or do you quickly pop back to your changing room and call them yourself?

Whoever has a phone. The ref is likely to be questioned by the police as a witness. Maybe even required to attend court of it gets that far.

Sounds quite a brutal and sustained attack. Were the police called?

Any VC is technically a legal matter if one wants to report it.

In the circumstances above I'd almost certainly be abandoning and contacting the police and let the CFA come down on them like a ton of bricks.

I would expect this player to be looking at a minimum of a 6 month ban for this

At least. Sounds more like a sine die to me given the ferocity of it.

Personally I would absolutely want and expect a sine die but as we have probably all experienced, the CFAs can sometimes be unbelievably lenient on these people. Depends if he has previous I guess

Reactions: SM
Police weren't called. I was happy that there was no further danger as he left the vicinity. However, I have found myself thinking should I have abandoned. The match had given no signs that this was coming. Not heated in the slightest. Rest of match passed without any other incidents of note. At least one of the younger players was shaken up by this incident. Informed both captains there was no f***ing way another scene like that was being followed by anything but abandonment. Just want to make sure I get the report water tight to save myself a hearing.

I don't know what happens in your local leagues but I am sure of what is done at pro level.

Also Howard Webb once told of a tale of having to caution a player at half time.

He decided no need to show player yellow card ON the fop. Caution still stands if card is shown or not, as others have said, its a communication tool, not confirmation of the sanction.

Police weren't called. I was happy that there was no further danger as he left the vicinity. However, I have found myself thinking should I have abandoned. The match had given no signs that this was coming. Not heated in the slightest. Rest of match passed without any other incidents of note. At least one of the younger players was shaken up by this incident. Informed both captains there was no f***ing way another scene like that was being followed by anything but abandonment. Just want to make sure I get the report water tight to save myself a hearing.
It's up to the players/team to call the police. Better for you they didn't, saves you the extra statements etc.

Crazy scenario though mate. You just don't expect that kind of thing.

It's up to the players/team to call the police. Better for you they didn't, saves you the extra statements etc.

Crazy scenario though mate. You just don't expect that kind of thing.

That is an understatement. Here in the US we don't have CFA's so if that happened in the States, we'd just have a hearing with the ref possibly going in as a witness. The referees in the MLS league are very harshly criticized by fans, even WC ref Mark Geiger. The US doesn't seem to like referees very much XD.

I saw some American football highlights. A controversial call around a diving catch which would gave won the game for the Cowboys (?) but not given. Seemed a bad call, but I don't understand all the rules of American football, so I am likely wrong.

The losing coach came out and was calm and accepting of the loss? Was amazing to witness. No finger pointing, no blame.

Someone had told me that Americans were a lot more accepting of referees as doing a job as well as they can. Is that wrong?

I saw some American football highlights. A controversial call around a diving catch which would gave won the game for the Cowboys (?) but not given. Seemed a bad call, but I don't understand all the rules of American football, so I am likely wrong.

The loaing coach came out and was calm and accepting of the loss? Was amazing to witness. No finger pointing, no blame.

I don't really watch American Football, I watch Football, usually the MLS in the US or the Premier League (I'm a Man City fan). I always noticed that Refs in the Premier League get somewhat more respect that the Refs in the MLS. It kinda disturbs me that I'm aspiring to be a ref in a league where litterally no ones a fan o yours.

Lol

The premier league referees are getting slaughtered weekly at the moment. :)

There usually nothing good about being ref a popular referee. Luckily being a good referee has little to do with popularity. :D

Lol

The premier league referees are getting slaughtered weekly at the moment. :)

There usually nothing good about being ref a popular referee. Luckily being a good referee has little to do with popularity. :D
I mean I see them get basically confronted on almost every call, but in MLS, that happens even on clearly obvious calls, like a yellow card.

The losing coach came out and was calm and accepting of the loss? Was amazing to witness. No finger pointing, no blame.

The fans on the other hand... Those officials won't be popular in Dallas for a long time yet

If it was "after review", the refs on the pitch actually didn't make any call (well they made the first one obviously), it's the job of video referees in New York (Don't know if I'm right about the city but whatever, they are not even in the stadium), so no reason to give the ref a hard time :D

I know it's slightly off topic but @Yacinho there has to be conclusive evidence for the officials to over turn the call, to me it looked like a clean catch, the ball didn't bobble out until he'd landed (I'm a Packers fan!) but what do I know hey, only a football ref

Back