A&H

Advice needed

Noble123

Level 7 Referee
Hi all, do any of your more experienced refs have any recommendations on the best watches you use?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)!

The Referee Store
Simple dumb watch. A tenner down Argos, should last you ages.

Fitbit or Garmin for the fitness watches with stopwatch capabilities. I only suggest them as they have a battery life of up to 4-5 days. Apple is apparently awful for battery life. Trouble is, the watch versions will set you back £200+, so bear in mind you're getting it for the heart rate, steps counting etc. Doesn't matter if it's 100% precise, it's just data to give you some estimates.

Alternatively, you could just go with two dumb-watches and one fitness tracker.

If you're new, I wouldn't be making such an investment into the fitness tracking/watches just yet. If you're not new, or you know you're staying in the refereeing circuit for a long while, then they're handy tools for your own benefit if you are happy to track the data.

And if you have absolutely no interest in fitness tracking, then two basic watches from Argos will do you good until retirement probably.

For the Garmin watches, there is a great refwatch app--can be set to whatever times you need for different levels, handles stoppage, vibrate function, can show both up and down time. Syncs with your phone and can show your movement for the game on top of a map photo.

But all you need is a cheap watch that has a stopwatch. My favorite feature past that is a vibration instead of beeping when time is up.

Simple dumb watch. A tenner down Argos, should last you ages.

Fitbit or Garmin for the fitness watches with stopwatch capabilities. I only suggest them as they have a battery life of up to 4-5 days. Apple is apparently awful for battery life. Trouble is, the watch versions will set you back £200+, so bear in mind you're getting it for the heart rate, steps counting etc. Doesn't matter if it's 100% precise, it's just data to give you some estimates.

Alternatively, you could just go with two dumb-watches and one fitness tracker.

If you're new, I wouldn't be making such an investment into the fitness tracking/watches just yet. If you're not new, or you know you're staying in the refereeing circuit for a long while, then they're handy tools for your own benefit if you are happy to track the data.

And if you have absolutely no interest in fitness tracking, then two basic watches from Argos will do you good until retirement probably.

I'll die before my £10 Casio watches will! I've always been of the opinion that no matter how much data any technology can give me, it won't make me any fitter. If your blowing out of your backside during the game then you need to be fitter, and there's no amount of data which can get you away from that fact...

Series 3 Apple Watch and a Casio rft-100 does the trick for me

Second time in history am upset, cos I totally agree with you!!

8quid casio, and 5 quid clock face!

Agreed.

2 x Casio cheap watches is all you ever need. Get them on Amazon or wherever for less than a tenner each. Job done. :cool:

Apple 4 series with the REFSIX app does all your admin goals goal scorers bookings red cards team sheets the lot !! No need for a note book great app check it out used by top refs and easy to use but hey Casio is ok

the last thing a newbie ref wants to be doing is spending a lot on kit, use basic reasonabally priced whistles/watches untli you decide your going to be doing it for more than 5 minutes

Apple 4 series with the REFSIX app does all your admin goals goal scorers bookings red cards team sheets the lot !! No need for a note book great app check it out used by top refs and easy to use but hey Casio is ok

Just looked that up. £400 for the watch and whatever therefore subscription is a month. Great for a pro, for the amateurs like me it's way ott

9262461_R_Z001A_UC970377

£20 ARGOS

Easy to start and stop, easy to view, perfect.

I used Casio’s but a watch is a blooming watch... as long as Mickeys hands keep up what’s the issue especially in the lower leagues. Don’t waste money on silly tech that you don’t use or need. The time will come when you may need something but not for ages

I used a Casio until I was gifted a Garmin forerunner 35 for my Birthday. It tells me everything I need to know

Time
HR
Steps
Calories
Distance Covered

Back