A&H

Adelaide United v Western Sydney Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiisardNic

So, I'm trying to find the right videos to attach because they don't seem to be in the same highlights package, but found these couple decisions interesting. In this video, about 30 seconds in, it shows a fouled player lash out by kicking out at the offending player, no sanction for EITHER player.

There's a penalty at approx. 1:10 where a player is fouled for a penalty (initially not given), but the melee afterwards is not shown in this video (that's the bit I'm trying to find), where the player who was penalised starts arguing with the fouled player, and the fouled player pushes him back, yet he was given a yellow card.

Find its a bit of a weird inconsistency, unless the yellow card mentioned was actually for something else like dissent, but find it a bit weird it was given to a player who was just awarded a penalty if thats the case.

I'll see if I can find a better video of both incidents, but if a little push and shove warrants a yellow card, then kicking out at a player would warrant VC, yeah?

EDIT: PERMISSION TO CLOSE THREAD, AS I HAVE MERGED DISCUSSION INTO THE PREVIOUS THREAD POSTED WITH THE SAME REFEREE DISCUSSION

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back