A&H

Added time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about asking the subs, not Warne. Anyway, Warne might have wanted to keep the subs happy by giving them a few mins against the Prem boys

Depends on mentality, I mean, would you want to go on as a sub for a team 7-0 down?????
For me that would simply sum up how dog mess a p[layer I must be......

The Referee Store
I honestly dont think there would be any debate had that happened, a leg breaking tackle can happen at any time not the ref's fault is it? Personally in a game of this magnitude i think you have to add time on. Besides who's to say Rotherham couldn't have pulled 7 back in added time?
I think you might have had a few Rotherham fans (and players) ecstatic if they'd scored one. It would have been the best moment of the night for them.

its already been posted

and its a clear case of folk knowing the LOTG but having zero skills in how to apply them.

fan accusations are best left as what they are, fan accusations.

I like to visit this site because it provides match officials insights on things. and if I read that a referee played 5/6 mins added on in a cup tie at 7-0 I would be going, eh, why?
If I read he blew on 90 then I be going, sounds ideal, everybody up the road.

Law 18. The one fans cant read in the book and the one (some ) refs never understand.

maybe it preferable for Citys star man to be decapitated in the 5th min of stoppage time and he never play again, you can be sure those same fan sites would be asking, wtf did we have 5 mins of stoppage time..

common sense....you cant practise it, you either have it, or, erm, you don't.

to make it more relevant to the majority of folk on here, if you are really going to play 5 mins added on in your u13 game at 10-0 with players on both sides turning blue, including yourself, then, you have bigger issues to deal with internally with yourself than any ability to read a football law book.

Agree - Newport GK wearing black undershorts under green shorts and took 20 seconds with every kick from hands in the 2nd half - did anyone want to see either penalised?

Depends on mentality, I mean, would you want to go on as a sub for a team 7-0 down?????
For me that would simply sum up how dog mess a p[layer I must be......

If that's your mentality, then fine. Personally, I would have loved the opportunity to go toe to toe with them (albeit for a few mins) and i'm sure friends and family that had come to watch me would feel the same.

I think you might have had a few Rotherham fans (and players) ecstatic if they'd scored one. It would have been the best moment of the night for them.

nonsense, having attended plenty games as a fan for a team routinely humped by the Ugly Sisters up here, that goal at the end is more humiliating than enjoyable and even the (remaining) big team crowd cheer it as a joke.
Its a comedy moment and borders on insulting.
This is a sporting event, its over, showers on, up the road.
seen players scoring that novelty goal even ashamed to acknowledge the fact they have scored as they know its a farce.

If that's your mentality, then fine. Personally, I would have loved the opportunity to go toe to toe with them (albeit for a few mins) and i'm sure friends and family that had come to watch me would feel the same.

I would be embarrassed. Its a sport not Jim'll Fix It

to be fair, that just completely agrees with the fan complaint of referees manipulating stoppage time to suit a game situation.
And we do manipulate stoppage time to suit ourselves. The whole idea of 'neutral territory' is just that.
My preference would typically be to apply something when you know there should be some...unless, say, it's completely miserable weather.

I think the response here suggests why that might be a reasonable idea. 'Bit conservative on the stoppage time' is more easily defensible than 'couldn't be bothered playing any'.
And honestly, at the top level, I'd expect stoppage time to be played properly, even in a drubbing. At any reasonable level, honestly.
At top tier I actually find 'couldn't be bothered playing stoppage time' to be completely unacceptable.

Actually, while I think he was going down the wrong path, he does raise the interesting point that ignoring the law like this can have real world consequences, for the teams and other stakeholders.

And in games where goal difference becomes a consideration, that's a potential issue as well.

Referee/AR decisions affect the 'stakeholders' - betting companies each and every match - but they rightly pay no heed to whether a particular market is a 'winner' or loser' for the bookies - I can't really believe this is even being discussed on here!

Easy way for a referee to inflict further pain on a team (who have been a pain :rolleyes:) if they are hanging on for a result!!

Happy to blow this one on 90, who cares that's its anything else, no prizes for more goals.... No different winners to extend too much!!!

...and what about the Rotherham subs that came on in the 89th and 90th minute ? I bet they were looking forward to a few mins of action against Prem league players ? But no, the ref wants to pander to the Premier League and make sure those little darlings don't break a nail or something !
Why do you think the ref should care about a sub getting a few minutes in the spotlight?

I can completely understand why people think referees should play added time regardless of scenario if the reasoning is to support the LOTG but it’s absurd that referees on here think betting and players coming off the bench is a supportive argument. This is a refereeing forum, not a twitter spat

I don't think anyone would be bragging that they got jolly rogered at the Emptyhad. Staying up is an achievement this season same as Wednesday!! :rolleyes:
To be fair, the referee has been inconsiderate and ruined the players opportunity of telling his grandkids about how he came off the bench in the 89th monte, 7-0 down to Man City and got to watch them play keep ball. How shameful of him

Good point about finishing in good time if there is a hectic schedule. Round my way we are guided to only play additional time at grassroots if there is an exceptional incident i.e. big injury, silly time wasting. Once we get higher, into the serious leagues, with NARs then added time is expected.

nonsense, having attended plenty games as a fan for a team routinely humped by the Ugly Sisters up here, that goal at the end is more humiliating than enjoyable and even the (remaining) big team crowd cheer it as a joke.
Its a comedy moment and borders on insulting.
This is a sporting event, its over, showers on, up the road.
seen players scoring that novelty goal even ashamed to acknowledge the fact they have scored as they know its a farce.
Gosh, you're no fun. A couple of thousand City fans would disagree with you. (Goal at 5.30 and watch fans' reaction). And dodgy DOGSO in first minute! (before "genuine attempt to play the ball" change).

Gosh, you're no fun. A couple of thousand City fans would disagree with you. (Goal at 5.30 and watch fans' reaction). And dodgy DOGSO in first minute! (before "genuine attempt to play the ball" change).

Doesn’t this back up exactly what Ciley said, including the lack of player reaction to the goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back