A&H

Aches and Pains

As i have mentioned before i am huge advocate of the ice bath or my alternative just a bath filled only with the cold tap. Sit in this for 15 minutes and it will work wonders. When your numbness kicks in the the blood flow is reduced to that area, when they recover and the blood flow increases it is done so with re-oxygenated blood which speeds recovery and helps heal any little niggles.

They are not fun in the slightest but trust me they work.

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhi couldn't do it i just couldn't, ive had a go at one a few years ago and lasted about 30 seconds (no jokes please)

The Referee Store
You never know when you are Finished you Nordic boys! 😻

That reminds me of a radio phone in hilarious call. Say 15 year ago, Antti Niemi was playing out of his skin for Hearts ( and he indeed turned in the best goalkeeping display I have ever seen, Aberdeen v Hearts at Pittodrie), anyway, some caller phoned up and suggested that Niemi should be considered for the Scotland squad....... at which point in the studio there was a pause, then the pundit came back with, "Niemi, he is Finnish"
to which the caller replied, "Finished? he is only 27" (or whatever age he was), the pundit goes again, "No, he is Finnish", and again the caller is not having it, "He is only 27",...repeat till bored..

That reminds me of a radio phone in hilarious call. Say 15 year ago, Antti Niemi was playing out of his skin for Hearts ( and he indeed turned in the best goalkeeping display I have ever seen, Aberdeen v Hearts at Pittodrie), anyway, some caller phoned up and suggested that Niemi should be considered for the Scotland squad....... at which point in the studio there was a pause, then the pundit came back with, "Niemi, he is Finnish"
to which the caller replied, "Finished? he is only 27" (or whatever age he was), the pundit goes again, "No, he is Finnish", and again the caller is not having it, "He is only 27",...repeat till bored..
Hehe, the post was 100% a 'tip your hat' to that specific famous radio call which I remember very well!! Well spotted CM!!

Last edited:
Its getting past that first minute or so thats the problem.

There is an initial "arggggh" followed by a calming down. I always find making sure the cold bath is run fully before getting in helps. If you get in and continue running the bath the agitation of the water increases the discomfort.

Feeling after you've had one is really good though

Back