A&H

Academy football

Not involved with it, but I think Watford pays £28 for a middle and £19 for a line, regardless of age group? May be wrong.
Stevenage pays between £15 and £25 between U10 and U16, but they have CARs. Think I'll try to get a few of their games later on in the season when I have a bit more time on my hands, would be nice to experience a much higher level than I'm used to!

The Referee Store
Haha very true! I worked out the other day how much money I have made through refereeing, much more than expected and very happy with the figure that came out!:p

I get;
£20+35p p/mile for AR at Swansea Academy
£25+35p p/mile for refereeing Swansea Academy

I've now found out that I'm middling for burton Albion under 13's... Not sure who the opposition are yet though.

I get paid £20 for it, which I didn't think was too bad for a league 2 club

In Somerset we're £20 a game & 35p a mile for level 7/6 and £25 a game & 35p a mile level 5. Not sure about 4.
Oh and £15 & 35p a mile for AR

Not too sure if I'm getting NAR's or not, from what I've heard I don't think I will because I've been told they are short of refs.

Never had NAR's before so I'll be fine

I love doing them - better pitches, you get coaching, the pay is better, the quality of play is higher, you don't get shouted at and you get a free cup of tea. What's not to like? :)

At Sheffield United I got £15 as an AR with the ref getting £22, not sure wether it's because he was the ref or because he was about 50 so higher level than me??

Swansea academy also say no cards but if you ask them to take a player off they will do it with no arguments usually. I use the following line;
Your player has commited a foul worthy of a red card and I am giving you the following options
1) Sub the player off, can't return for 20 minutes (They play 80 mins total) however another foul worthy of a red card will result in the player being dismissed.
2) With your agreement I can send him off anyway (Rarely taken)
3) None of the above, refuse both and I'm sending him off regardless (Stupid option)
I disagree with the no card rule entirely, I think if a player does something worthy of a red, he/she should be sent off. The way you handle that Aled sounds very much the academy way, I don't disagree with the way that you handle it but I think that the player shouldn't be allowed back on after any period of time, that will teach them not to do it again.

At Sheffield United I got £15 as an AR with the ref getting £22, not sure wether it's because he was the ref or because he was about 50 so higher level than me??

I disagree with the no card rule entirely, I think if a player does something worthy of a red, he/she should be sent off. The way you handle that Aled sounds very much the academy way, I don't disagree with the way that you handle it but I think that the player shouldn't be allowed back on after any period of time, that will teach them not to do it again.

What age group was that? At Southend there are no ARs below U16, but referees from U11-U15 get paid £25

If they commit a serious enough offense I also say that they can not re-enter the field of play.

I haven't had a serious enough incident to warrant the latter but I would say that I'm intend to send the player off more than likely. Generally you don't get that sort of problem at academy level as the players know one silly tackle could see them kicked out.

They use NAR's whenever they have spare refs, when I was there, there were two matches, U12 and U14 with 4 refs (me included). They make sure each game has a middle then fill the rest with AR's starting at the highest age group.

Back