RefSix

Abbreviations

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
I Know right? How dare they come a referee forum and discuss referee matters :rolleyes::p:p:D
I'm from another time when the ref wasn't the centre of attention, players just played and none of this diving and histrionics in a vain attempt to cheat!! Money has spoiled the beautiful game. VAR will ruin it for ever!!!

RefJef

I'm from another time when the ref wasn't the centre of attention, players just played and none of this diving and histrionics in a vain attempt to cheat!! Money has spoiled the beautiful game. VAR will ruin it for ever!!!
To be fair, there’s no money involved in the bottom tier Sunday league game I’ve just ref-ed, and there was still a fair bit of histrionics and attempts to cheat. ;) ;)

RefJef

They see it on TV and think its right!!! I hope you suitably schooled them @RefJef
The schoolmaster in me did show its face five mins before half time when, 5-1 down, the blue centre forward and centre back began a long disagreement about whose fault is was that they were losing (and, for once, they weren’t blaming me!) They were worse than a pair of ten year olds arguing over a crayon, so I told them. I think the other twenty players on the pitch agreed! (The Blue captain had threatened to sub them both, before he remembered, this being bottom tier Sunday football, he had no subs!)