A whole new GLT experience 🤔

Are you reffing today?

• Yes, Game on

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • No, Going home

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
It does raise a thought provoking question though, you turn up at pub league and that's what you are faced with.... (lets ignore the circle shapes at the post, but, the general squiggly lines)...

What do you do?

It does raise a thought provoking question though, you turn up at pub league and that's what you are faced with.... (lets ignore the circle shapes at the post, but, the general squiggly lines)...

What do you do?
call the game off, collect your half fee for game not happening after the referee's arrival at ground and head for home

call the game off, collect your half fee for game not happening after the referee's arrival at ground and head for home

Really, or am I biting at something that's so obvious?
First you surely see if you can rectify it, or make it as suitable as you can. Its not a safety issue afterall !
Assuming it cant be fixed, you get both coaches (or equal) and say to them, guys, it is what it is, it will be the same for both teams, and use your savvy to adjust your position(s) during open play, and everyone gets what they came for, a game of footy?

If your post is being serious and you would gen not play a Sunday League game with reference that pic, you are very close to bringing the game into disrepute. The ethos of grass roots is to find ways to play, not postpone games.

Really, or am I biting at something that's so obvious?
First you surely see if you can rectify it, or make it as suitable as you can. Its not a safety issue afterall !
Assuming it cant be fixed, you get both coaches (or equal) and say to them, guys, it is what it is, it will be the same for both teams, and use your savvy to adjust your position(s) during open play, and everyone gets what they came for, a game of footy?

If your post is being serious and you would gen not play a Sunday League game with reference that pic, you are very close to bringing the game into disrepute. The ethos of grass roots is to find ways to play, not postpone games.
If you can't rectify the issue, the course of action is as I stated above .

me thinks your signature is a tad ironic......should be changed to.....oh what a shame we cant play due to lack of 2 yard of white paint.
Miley
the pitch does not conform to law, there is no way of rectifying the issues therefore the game does not happen

Miley
the pitch does not conform to law, there is no way of rectifying the issues therefore the game does not happen
Which part.......the only one I can think of is the rectangularity issue........well it is if you squint a bit.......

very welcome to do as you please but you do know official junior games (a level you will be aware of) were played for nearly a year with total permission from all concerned, at 2 new facilities, without penalty spots?
One of those venues has also hosted recognised international school boy tournaments, again, under the remit of the official bodies
So, given these can go ahead on a pitch which does not conform to law, so can the Midden Bar v Walloper Tavern

further more, if you are saying you never referee a game where the goals are silver, then, am sorry, next to impossible.

I can only guess the reaction say this weekend, after teams have not played for 3/4 due to the frost, having this game called off too !! Some folk will get the impression the ref thinks its all about him, and not the game in as a whole :(

Prob best not to tell you about Albion Rovers...

Last edited:
Back