A&H

A very strange decision

If the VAR is anything like I've listened to in the EPL games, then surely they should be ending the chat with a clear decision and agreement.
Surely VAR should be saying "I don't think you're seeing this right. Have another look..."
How VAR has allowed him to walk away knowing he still has it wrong. So wrong. I get referees decision is final etc, but this is just plain stupid.
That isn't how VAR works, or at least not how it should work. They tell the referee there may have been an error and why, they show him the footage supporting this, but if he chooses to ignore their advice it isn't down to them to talk him round.

A&H International
That isn't how VAR works, or at least not how it should work. They tell the referee there may have been an error and why, they show him the footage supporting this, but if he chooses to ignore their advice it isn't down to them to talk him round.
That's not how it works, or at least how it should work either 😜😋

If VAR thinks or tells the referee there may have been an error then it shouldn't be going to review in the first place. VAR should be telling the referee I think you have made a clear error.

If VAR thinks or tells the referee there may have been an error then it shouldn't be going to review in the first place. VAR should be telling the referee I think you have made a clear error.
We’ll not exactly.

The VAR only recommends an OFR. The VAR only makes that recommendation for a review if the VAR believes it is a clear error. But the recommend is for a review by the R, not that the call be changed. Semantics, but ….

They can only say that in their opinion there has been an error, which means there may have been an error. The referee has the final decision, so VAR cannot say there has been an error, rather they can only say they think there has been an error.

Semantics granted, but what I write isn't wrong.

Back