A&H

A referee getting fed up!

The Referee Store
Gud lad, I’m sure it’s crossed all our minds on a tasty match or after a correct KMI decision that one team can’t believe and have surrounded you!

If the Sin Bin was to be introduced to football for how long would the Temporary Suspension be????
Would any of the members advocate the 10 mins in the bin as is used in Rugby Union ??????

Though it is egg-chasers, a referee has decided he had had enough. How many had thought to do something similar?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/fed-up-referee-takes-drastic-15381681
Thought of it many times but then thought better of it.

We had a junior ref extend time for taking of a penalty at hlaf time. The attacking team were arguing about who should take the penalty. He had enough and called time.

The match ended up being replayed from the minute of the taking of the penalty.

Have to be carefull about what you do when you are fed up.

If the Sin Bin was to be introduced to football for how long would the Temporary Suspension be????
Would any of the members advocate the 10 mins in the bin as is used in Rugby Union ??????

Sin bins are being introduced in all grassroots football, in England next season - Saturday, Sunday and Youth football, by a change to the standard code of rules.

Great to see everyone just walk off.

Everyone is accountable for their actions. NFI why that's such a foreign concept in football. 8 players in your face arguing but nobody gets carded, maybe 1?

8 players in your face arguing should = 8 yellow cards.

Same with this ridiculously soft approach that gets taken to mass confrontations. 20 player mass confrontation that takes several minutes to sort out with the 'assistance' of both team's managers, and you might see a yellow to a player on each team if the referee is feeling particularly harsh.

No other sport has umpires as soft as this one, and we wonder why the players are out of control!

As great an idea as sin bins are, it’s still a sticking plaster. All the time refs on TV (in every league around the world) are supported to sanction any and all dissent, we will still take sh*t. I think we’ll have the same thing with sins bins as YCs. Not enough!

And with sin bins, we’ll have a two tier and non universal game. Funny how Fifa have prioritized encouraging profanity and really bad behaviour that fills gossip columns and fuels fan ire, rather than cleaning up the game and staying true to the universal game vision.

Sin bins are being introduced in all grassroots football, in England next season - Saturday, Sunday and Youth football, by a change to the standard code of rules.
And rightly so. I referee in two leagues (one Saturday, one Sunday), one uses it and the other doesn’t. The difference in dissent from one league to the other is huge purely from just having the threat of a sin bin there, never mind using it. I’ve refereed players who played in both leagues and they are a completely different person from one day to the next. Based on my experiences it can only be good for the game

+10 yards for continued chirpy dissent, easy, if it goes into the box, it's upgraded to a penalty, it would stop 90% of it tomorrow!!!! Discuss!!!

+10 yards for continued chirpy dissent, easy, if it goes into the box, it's upgraded to a penalty, it would stop 90% of it tomorrow!!!! Discuss!!!

I don't think it will stop it, in the slightest. These players can launch a ball 40-50 yards, no problem. Different in rugger, where it's all about territory.

As alluded to previously, it's just putting a sticking plaster over the problems. The game need to get tougher and start backing us.

I don't think it will stop it, in the slightest. These players can launch a ball 40-50 yards, no problem. Different in rugger, where it's all about territory.

As alluded to previously, it's just putting a sticking plaster over the problems. The game need to get tougher and start backing us.
Tell me how that went well in the Prem for the last 25 years?

its clear as day the only thing that matters to football/footballers/managers/chairman, and the only thing that will ever even begin to quash dissent etc...
and that's our good friend £££££
That's not a criticism of anybody, its life in general, until its affects YOUR pocket, nothing else is a deterant.

Shut up or I will warn you. Ineffective
Shut up or I get captain in and we will have a word. Ineffective
Shut up, yellow card. Ineffective if not delivered properly
Shut up, your off. Misses one game, still get paid, prob uses the time off for a night out on the Fri or to recover from a niggle
Shut up or your fined £50,000. Not a peep

Last edited:
Are you suggesting DFK/pen for dissent? I like that. 10 yards, not so much.
Nope, I’m saying if the 10 yards brought it into the box any IDFK was immediately upgraded to a pen... Radical yes I agree but other stuff seems to be systematically ignored at the moment. It’s just another pencil in your box to chose!

Nope, I’m saying if the 10 yards brought it into the box any IDFK was immediately upgraded to a pen... Radical yes I agree but other stuff seems to be systematically ignored at the moment. It’s just another pencil in your box to chose!
If in the area making it direct, why not make it direct outside as well. It's only making it consistent.

Last edited:
Back